v-twin as an power amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v-twin as an power amp

i heard that i can plug my vtwin pedal in a cabinet and I still hear something. Can I do that?
    - Cort S-2550
    - Ibanez Roadstar II RG440
    - Ibanez Artcore Asf75tbl
    - Dunlop Crybaby gcb-95
    - Boss Compressor Sustainer CS-3
    - Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-7
    - Danelectro T-bone distortion
    - Mesa Boogie V-Twin
    - Boss Super Chorus CH-1
    - Boss Digital Delay DD-6
    - Peavey Classic 30

Re: v-twin as an power amp

If it has a headphone output, you can. And you will hear something, but it won't be much. You could drop a needle in front of your cab and the sound of the needle hitting the ground would actually be louder than the sound coming from the cab.

ENGL used to build an alternative to the V-twin, the Tube Toner, that had a 2 x 2,5 watt SS poweramp for hooking it up to a cabinet WITH reasonable volume. But in my opinion, the Tube Toner is overly bright. I tried one once, through a Mesa 2:90 and two Marshall 1912's, with the Ibanez RG470 I've owned for a month (which I considered a very dark and dull sounding guitar) and the tone was just piercingly sharp and a bit scooped to my ears, whatever EQ-setting I tried.
    Guitars: EBMM Silhouette Special / G&L ASAT Special / ESP Horizon / Squier MIJ Strat / Squier Aff. Strat / Furch S23-CR / Taylor Baby
    Basses: Cort NTL-BFL acoustic fretless / Ellio Martina Forza 5 / Fender MIJ '75 RI Jazz / G&L SB-2 / Ibanez MC924 / Ibanez ATK300 (2x) / Ibanez ATK305 / Italia Torino / Longbow 2-string / Rickenbacker 4003 / Sandberg Bullet 5 fretless

Comment

Working...
    X