Line 6īs Vetta II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6īs Vetta II

Does anybody have play or had any experience with this solid state who emulates tubes like hell...
    JJ
    And Heavy Metal For All...

Re: Line 6īs Vetta II

iv played thru one many times, you really need to sit down and create your own patches cause the stock ones have way too many efx on em.
    it sounds really good ( and so does my pod xt)

chris
    "Get a BIBLE: open it, read it, and believe it" - Me

Comment

I've got version I updated to II. It's an incredible amplifier. Plus it's the only amp where you can use two amps at once which is SOOO cool. If you like to tweak, it's a tweakers dream. If you like to plug and play, get a Vox Valvetronix AD120VTX head instead. Has more tube feel as well. Another great, great amp which I have as well, just the 60 watt combo.

Make sure you use a cabinet with flat speakers like the Celestion G12H80, which is what Line 6 uses or used in their Vetta cabinets or the Eminence 122 with the Vetta. The Vox takes real well to regular speakers like the Celestion V30 or G12H30.

What I like to do with the Vetta, if you can afford it, is to use an A/B/Y box and run it with a tube amp as well, thereby getting all the tube feel you need along with the great models, effects etc. that the Vetta gives. I run the tube amp dry. These amps, like the Valvetronix series, were rumored to have some problems. I have not had a problem at all with either amplifier. I've had the Vetta for a few years and the Valvetronix since late October, early November.

Hope this helps.
      My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
      or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
      http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
      700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

What do you want to know about? I was one of the beta testers for this latest 2.50 release. I've pounded on quite a bit in there. There's a lot in there!
        Institute Of Noise Music Productions
        http://www.instituteofnoise.com

Director of US Sales & Operations
        Bogner Amplification
        http://www.bogneramplification.com

Comment

Well i have a pod xt live and it sounds amazing, but i was thinking... since the vetta has all the amps, effects and other stuff that i like effect loop and effect chain which the xt live doesnt have and the effects and amps you have to buy them, havin the vetta will simplify my rig, just carry two guitars and a A/B switcheroo... and well the floorboard... and thats it... well my other question will be if the vetta II is compatible with the variax 500?
          JJ
          And Heavy Metal For All...

Comment

The Vetta was made for a V-ax. Vetta will store V-ax presets with the corisponding Vetta patch. I love my Vetta sooo much.(Sold my Boogie for it) Don't own a v-ax but will by the end of the year. True that if you don't like tweaking and messing about with the thing, it's probably not for you. I love messing with my gear so the Vetta fits well for me. The only thing that would make me buy another amp...Would be a Vetta III!!!

Comment

I don't like the Vetta 3 at all, I would buy the Vox VTX over that.
              Pulse 2AM - YouTube
              Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

One of the best amps I've ever tried. The front panel looks like Mission Control at NASA, so if you don't like tweeking, look elsewhere. It's also very expensive.

Essentially, it has all the amp, cab, and effects models of the Pod XT, plus many more of the same quality. It also has the dual amp feature, which is super cool. Like every Line6 product, there are good and bad models, and everyone's opinions on which are the best and worst varies. With the sheer amount of stuff in there, it's sure to have at least a few that you like.

If you want something simpler and more affordable, look at the Flextone III. It is based on the same technology, but in a more stripped down version.
                Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Working...
                X