Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FX Loop frustration

My Framus has a parallel FX loop that you can dial in with a knob

I use my POD XT live thru the loop. I have used it on LINE level and it colros my mids to make them kinda harsh

I use it on AMP level and I am never very thrilled, it works but uhhh I dunno

I have used it thru some amps that have more gentle FX loops and it doesn't affect things as much.

Yeah, I am being a tone snob, but with such high end equipment I should be (well high end, minus the pod).

Any ideas?
    1973 Les Paul Standard
    1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Re: FX Loop frustration

Man...the effects needs to run all wet, and the POD has lousy ADA converters...
    That is why we had mixers and more eq back then when we where 20 or somthing like that

Comment

Originally posted by OlinMusic
      My Framus has a parallel FX loop that you can dial in with a knob

I use my POD XT live thru the loop. I have used it on LINE level and it colros my mids to make them kinda harsh

I use it on AMP level and I am never very thrilled, it works but uhhh I dunno

I have used it thru some amps that have more gentle FX loops and it doesn't affect things as much.

Yeah, I am being a tone snob, but with such high end equipment I should be (well high end, minus the pod).

Any ideas?
      i'm not sure what this Framus piece is but i can tell you i have never been happy with a POD thru any Guitar Amp and Speaker... the PODs and most Digital multi-fx's are meant to "replace amps".. You can plug a POD into a PA, Recording devices, and Keyboard amps.... you can get great sounds from Keyboard amps as the amp does not colour any sounds and the Speakers on Keyboard amps are Full Range.... I tried pluging my POD into the Power amp In on the FX loop of my Fender solid state amp with bypasses the amps preamp.... the osund i got sucks!!!! but plug that same POD into my keyboardists amp and it sounds pretty good!

I like to think of a POD as a Keyboard soundbank

WhoFan

so what is a Framus?

Comment

Find the effects that you really need an buy them. I don't think the Pod sounds very good other than laying down some basic tracks for home recording. IF you are interested in Delay look at the line 6 Delay(DL4)unit, if you are looking at modulating effects(MM4) again look at the line 6 stomp box, they tend to do a much better job for live stuff than the pods do.

I agree effects loops are a real pain. I prefer not to use them if I can. I don't use a lot of effects: (chorus, delay and OD) so the only thing I have running thru my Marshall loop is the delay and chorus, of course with my Fender there is no loop....... so problem solved. There is something wonderful about simplicity!
        Last edited by Bludave; 04-19-2006, 08:00 AM.
        "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Like WhoFan said, the POD is not meant to run through another guitar amp. You're running a simulation through the real thing and things will get all mucked up that way. The voicing of the amp's power section and even the speaker itself make it not very compatible.

It works 100 times better through a Keyboard amp (relatively flat EQ curve), PA system, or even the Line6 Atomic amps that are made for the POD.

EDIT: Forgot to add that the Crate Powerblock (which you're selling) works well with the POD too.
          Last edited by ErikH; 04-19-2006, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X