Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my 5150

I finally got a 5150!!!

so far I'm really liking it. Havent got my tone set perfedt yet but it still sounds good. heres some pics of my 5150 and my Triumph 120 (which is also all tube 120 watts. its very small compared to the 5150) and a nice old Carvin 4x12

Re: Got my 5150

They rock!
    A block letter one! I want one too!!
    RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
    TS 7 (modded)
    Hot Rod 50+ XL
    Framus Dragon 4x12
    V-AMP II for practice

Comment

The 5150 is one of the coolest looking amps out there. Enjoy it!!
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I use to have a very similar setup. I started out with a Triumph 60 running
        through a Peavey 412 loaded with 75watt Celestions. I ran an EQ pedal
        through the effects loop of the Triumph to give it some meat cuz I thought it
        sounded a little dull. Then I switched to a 5150 like you did and it was much
        nicer. It really is a great sounding head and I didn't mind the clean channel
        that much. It wasn't anything spectacular, but I've heard worse! Congrats
        and I'm sure you'll love it.
        Originally posted by claylemoine on Ebay
        NOT PAYABLE IN BONES OF DEAD PEOPLE WHO WERE ROCKED TO DEATH BY THIS CABINET!
        My Gear
        Trans Black PRS SE Custom
        Hamer Diablo
        Peavey XXX 2-12

Comment

Looks good man! I always get a small GAS pains when I see a nice one like yours and then remember that they are so cheap used.

Clips???
          Gear:
          Main Guitar Rig
          2007 L.E. MusicMan JP-7 Blue Dawn
          2005 Fender J.V. Strat- AirZone/SDS-1
          80's MIJ Fender Strat- HHS- EMG85/85/SA
          Mesa/Boogie Trem-O-Verb Dual Rectifier Head EL-34s
          Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Recto Cab V-30s
          Morley Limited Edition Bad Horsie Wah
          Peterson StroboStomp Tuner

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
            The 5150 is one of the coolest looking amps out there. Enjoy it!!
            Hey whats up?
            Yep definately very cool I'm really liking the amp so far \m/

Originally posted by Lurch
            I use to have a very similar setup. I started out with a Triumph 60 running
            through a Peavey 412 loaded with 75watt Celestions. I ran an EQ pedal
            through the effects loop of the Triumph to give it some meat cuz I thought it
            sounded a little dull. Then I switched to a 5150 like you did and it was much
            nicer. It really is a great sounding head and I didn't mind the clean channel
            that much. It wasn't anything spectacular, but I've heard worse! Congrats
            and I'm sure you'll love it.
            thats sweet that you have/had a Triumph, I thought I was the only person that had one. The clean channel on the triumph sounds good and they take pedals real well but you are totally right, the amp is kinda dull. both the Distortion channels sound bad. But the 5150 does sound Much better!

Originally posted by BigDreamer
            Looks good man! I always get a small GAS pains when I see a nice one like yours and then remember that they are so cheap used.

Clips???
            I'd love to make some clips but I dont have any recording gear. If I can get a decent Mini DV cam or SD cam then I'd love to post a Video for all you guys to see. I'd try and tear it up for you all.

Comment

Nice score man, gotta love the 5150 tone. I love the distortion but I feel the cleans are desperately lacking; then again I've never tried them with chorus.
              • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
              • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
              • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
              • G&L Tribute Comanche
              • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
              • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
              • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman_666
                Nice score man, gotta love the 5150 tone. I love the distortion but I feel the cleans are desperately lacking; then again I've never tried them with chorus.
                I tried the clean channel with my boss compressor and it sounded okay. But I need to do some more testing.

anybody use a phase 90 with their 5150?

Comment

I always reccomend 5150s to guys looking for gainy heads. Not my bag but it's a great amp. Enjoy!

Comment

I love 5150's!!!! if i can find another one cheap i'll buy it as a spare!!!! Picked mine up for $400 Canadian and it was a steal!!! Great huge bottom out of them with Resonance controll!!! It addes some great low end thump!!! Plus the nice high gain and a solo channel make it a great hard rock amp!

Comment

Originally posted by wixomwhat
                      I tried the clean channel with my boss compressor and it sounded okay. But I need to do some more testing.
                      That's just the thing. There is no clean channel, and I prefer to have at least a decent clean sound. Don't know why but it's always been important to me.
                      • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                      • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                      • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                      • G&L Tribute Comanche
                      • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                      • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                      • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman_666
                        That's just the thing. There is no clean channel, and I prefer to have at least a decent clean sound. Don't know why but it's always been important to me.
                        The lack of a clean channel would just be an excuse for me to buy the 5150 and another amp for cleans
                        GMP Pawnshop Deluxe - Custom Custom Bridge, 59n

Parker Fly, Ruby Red, 1996 H/H/P

Parker Nitefly SSH

THD Univalve with Avatar Cab

Bad Cat Mini Cat

Vox Valvetronix AD-60 1x12

"Thanks for comin out and...
                        KEEPIN THE SCENE ALIVE"

Comment

Originally posted by Mkf411
                          The lack of a clean channel would just be an excuse for me to buy the 5150 and another amp for cleans
                          that is exactly what i have done.... I have an HS2 head switcher from www.axess-electronics.com and a 5150 head in one loop..... and a Classic 50 head in the other for cleans! A 4 channel set up thru one cab, plus i also have piezo's i use on my Godin for even more options! Amazing assortment of tones!

Comment

Working...
                          X