In UK: Cheapest place to get a 9v adaptor and Daisy chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In UK: Cheapest place to get a 9v adaptor and Daisy chain

As title says. Im just making a new smaller pedalboard. I have a 9v mains box that can feed pedals but it is rather bulky and i think i would rather use a daisy chain or something since it would allow me to make smaller more convienient board and i only wanna power 3 pedals. Just wondering where in the UK is best for those things? Any websites or shops? Ive looked around in a couple of electronics shops so far but i cant seem to find any

Cheers

Re: In UK: Cheapest place to get a 9v adaptor and Daisy chain

maplin does the daisy chains IIRC dude, for like 4 quid?

they also do the 'power bank' - a mains -> 5 9v adaptor block.. i've had mine for yonks!

tom

Comment

Yea i use the power bank currently, its fairly big and i wanna make the board as small as possible. I may just stick with the power bank after thinking... tho if a 9v doesnt cost much i may just stick with that. Ah i dunno, my brain is fried from coursework! Cheers,

Jeff

Comment

When I used to use a 9v adaptor to power my pedalboard (with a daisy chain off my BOSS TU2 Tuner), I always used a Regulated 9v adaptor that Argos sell They're about £6 I think, and as Imp said above, Maplins sell the daisy chains for about £3 or £4

Comment

I use a Visual sound one spot to power both my boards. My small board I can poere everything with it, my larger board I have a seperate power supply for my wah and one other which is Ac.

Here is a list of the International dealers for Visual Sound.

Remember your looking for a one spot. Cool little power supply. I paid $25 US for it.
          "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
          "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I use a Power Bank too. I tried daisy chaining from my Boss TU-2 before I got the Power Bank. It may be the power supply in my house or I may have been doing something wrong, but I got a lot of hum. Couldn't live with it. The Power Bank is bulky, but it's quiet.

And it says AC/DC on the top.

Comment

Ok sorry guys was pretty knackered from the wonderful world of chemistry, today ive come to my senses and am continuing to use the power brick. With some creativity of a fresh mind i have now spent more time thinking about the colour of my new pedal board... Dukes of Hazard orange and black! Thanks for your time ppl

Comment

Working...
              X