Mesa DC2 vs. 50 Caliber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa DC2 vs. 50 Caliber

There's a Mesa DC2 on ebay in mint condition. (Sorry I'm not a computer hack so I can't give a link) I've beeen looking out for a 50 Cal. but would like to know how the DC2 compares?

Re: Mesa DC2 vs. 50 Caliber

Originally posted by Dirtyking
    There's a Mesa DC2 on ebay in mint condition. (Sorry I'm not a computer hack so I can't give a link) I've beeen looking out for a 50 Cal. but would like to know how the DC2 compares?

I know about DC 3, DC 5 and DC 10; but I never heard about a DC 2.
    Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
    When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
    Red Devils - 1% all the way!
    Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
    Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Re: Mesa DC2 vs. 50 Caliber

Check the Mesa website for owner's manuals for these amps in *.PDF files.

DC-2s are 15 watts, with 2 x EL84s, and gain, tone and master Volume for each channel--and an overall master output, as I recall. Unlike the DC-3 and DC-5, no 5-band EQ.

The .50 Calibers pre-date the DC series, and have only one set of tone controls for each channel. They may have either a 4XEL84 or a 2X6L6 power section. They are less flexible with respect to setting the gains on the channels --the clean gain affects the amount of gain available on the Lead Channel. The .50 Cal+ model improves this slightly.

My choice would be the DC-2; I have a DC-3 and love it. I also have Mark IIIs and Mark IVs--the DC-3s have a different feel, with more gain available in the Lead mode than Mark Series. The DC was advertised as "...having the Clean channel of the Mark IV and the Lead Channel of the Dual Rectifier".

Good luck, I hope this helps.

Bill
      When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Working...
      X