Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Supersonic

I heard the sound samples on Fender.com

Sound samples don't tell you much but....

WOW I AM IMPRESSED! That's the best high gain Fender ever, and the cleans are classic Fender as well! I need it! OR DO I?
    1973 Les Paul Standard
    1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Re: Fender Supersonic

I was staring all google-eyed at the Orange Rocker 30 and then this amp hit the scene and grabbed my attention...i dunno if i want a Rocker 30 1x12 combo and put it ontop of the Fender Supersonic 1x12 or get two halfstacks.

So does GC have these in yet? and have any of you tone gurus out there tried it out so we can hear a review?

-X
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

TGWIF said he tried one & was very disappointed...........

Maybe he'll chime in

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
      Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
      FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
      http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

I tried one and liked it very much. Two different clean tones. They both liked ts-9 type pedals. The dirty channel was right up my alley. anything from mild grit to heavily saturated tone. One could also get a fuxxed up type distortion also.
        Electric: G&l Legacy cstm, 73 strat, HM strat, 76 tele deluxe, Tele-Sonic, James Trussart Rusty Steelcaster, Gibson: ES-295, LP Studio, 2001 R9, 2004 R8 cloud 9 , Charvel M#5 (1st guitar). rickenbacker 400? bass, Acoustic: martin d-15, old epiphone flattop, 50's gibson flattop, flatiron mandolin, harmony electric mandolin
        gibson, marshall, fender, magnatone, THD amps
        SD pickups: Jb,CC, Sethlover, '59, Pearly Gates, JB jr, lil 59, hot & cool rails. tele antiquity. Strat antiquity II

Comment

I played through the combo and I think the voicing on the clean channel are darn good. Really sound and reacts like a mid- 60s Bassman head and the burn channel is its own thing and very flexible too. The burn channel can be nice and cruncy or twist a few knobs and it has that singing violin-ish singing sustain.

The amp is quite loud for 60 watts and I foun it sounded great through a Tribal Series Genz-Benz 4X12 that is loaded with Eminence Private Jacks. That is a great cab by the way; its very much in the old school Marshall cab idiom. It is not as beamy as a Mesa or Peavey 4X12 IMO and I hate speaker setups that are directional.

gt5litre

Comment

I'm not sure, but if IIRC...he did say it might have had something to do with whatever cab they had the head running thru.

It looks like the perfect amp for someone like me....wants a Fender but not quite sure which one

Comment

omg those clips gave me terrible gas for this amp. Only thing I'd be wary of is the bottom end for high-gain... but the fact that it can get into that territory at all while still retaining such sweet drive and clean tones is downright impressive. I hate being broke
              Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
              Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
              Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
              Marshall 1960a
              Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

The clean is like a 60's Bassman and the distortion channel is good?

Dude don't play me like that...Fender actually made my dream amp?

Now if only they'd make it with green tolex.

-X
                green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

They're part of the Pro Tube Series, so if you've ever played those, you'll know what to expect. Those amps DO have the best highgain circuit Fender has ever done. The main thing with these amps is the useful features, like external bias pot, 1/4 power, FX loop, and also the ability to use the FX loop as a volume boost, essentially giving you boosts on those 2 channels.

I haven't tried one yet, but I've called around and nobody has one yet.
                  I may wait awhile and get a head once they hit the used market. The heads will sell new for around $1000.
                  Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Green Tolex?

OK OK the thing is I don't want saturation tghat sounds like a Fuzz Pedal. I like that classic crunch and then build saturation from there. I am quite into the Marshall sound, though I like Bogners, Diezels, ENGL and Framus as well - since they are so crunchy.

I was impressed with the samples - so is this amp the way to go? Or an ENGL combo? Or the Orange combo? ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

HEY JOE - I played a Pro Sonic. I still thought it was kinda fizzy and didn't sound like a creamy tube tone. These samples sounded oh so good. I dunno. Might be a good amp for me on cleaner gigs. However, I always like a good lead and rhythm tone for some grind.

The samples on the site totally had an AC DC flavor to the tone.

I wonder how it takes pedals.

I wonder if it takes the OCD well?
                    Last edited by OlinMusic; 04-24-2006, 03:37 PM.
                    1973 Les Paul Standard
                    1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

The Prosonic wasn't from the Pro Tube Series, but just an original amp in the 90's. It was pretty good. Then in 2001, they came out with the Pro Tube Series Twin, Concert, and Pro. I have a feeling they used a very similar type of circuit as those. I had the Concert Reverb for a few years, and it was the coolest Fender amp I've ever owned. I'd still use the Bogner as a main amp, but it'd be nice to have another Fender again, and this one looks like a fun amp to have. I'd want the cream head/2-12.
                      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I've tried 2 of them now and i will say that good tubes made a huge difference. My only issue with them so far is that they clean channel starts to break up around 2 or 3 which is far from classic Fender IMO.
                        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
                          I've tried 2 of them now and i will say that good tubes made a huge difference. My only issue with them so far is that they clean channel starts to break up around 2 or 3 which is far from classic Fender IMO.
                          2 or 3 on the clean channel?????????
                          What the hell good does that do

Where did you guys hear the soundclips for this?

Comment

well i played one for like an hour today with 2 strats. the vibrolux was very bright, like if the bright switch was left on the whole time, even when i turned the bass up and the treble all the way down. it was a nice clean tone, but made my strat sound like a tele. the bassman channel was very nice. it was the one i was most impressed with. i cant say it was all that much like a bassman, but it was a really nice clean tone. if i didnt have my mind set on some other amps, i could be sold on jsut the bassman channel (ok probably not, but it was good). the burn channel was ok. i didnt like the ultra high gain settings, but if i just turned "gain 2" knob up and left the other on a low setting, it was a nice vintage distortion.

all in all, i was pretty impressed with the bassman, and a bit with the vibrolux. i didnt like the burn, but i can see how others can like it.

Comment

Originally posted by PUCKBOY99
                              2 or 3 on the clean channel?????????
                              What the hell good does that do
                              Where did you guys hear the soundclips for this?
                              Thats what I thought!

Go to Fender.com and check out the sound clips.
                              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
                              X