Speaker swap in Palomino & Blues JR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker swap in Palomino & Blues JR

I'm gonna do some speaker swapping and I need opinions. I am gonna take the celestion 70/80 out of my Palomino and put in a custom Weber C1265 with a 50 oz. magnet.....it should tighten up the low end and make the top end a little sweeter.

Here is my question.....If I install the Celestion 70/80 in the Blues JR would it sound better than the stock speaker? The stock speaker is an Eminence made for Fender. Thanks.
    Originally posted by tone4days
    we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Re: Speaker swap in Palomino & Blues JR

I Imagine it would sound better. But it depends on your ears and the sound your going for??
    http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

I blew the Jensen in my old BJ Relic on a Friday before I was supposed to use it at church on Sunday. In the time crunch I was under I went to the local mom and pop and the cat there had a 12' out of his Crate V15 that he sold me for $20. I wasn't too thrilled with the idea, but for $20 it was a day saver for me. I got home and installed the Crate speaker in my BJ and it blew me away it sounded so good.

It tightened up the bottom a lot! I have never been a huge fan of the new Jensens they put in Fenders these days though!

I say go for it! I think there is a good possibility that you'll like it.

Greg
      I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

I'm not familiar with that Celestion, but the stock Blues Jr. speaker sux IMHO. Flabby bottom and lack of sweet chime. Weber Blue Dog (ceramic) was the best tone/$$$ upgrade ever for me.

Chip
        Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
        Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
        Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
        SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
        SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
        "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

yeah...i'm really starting to desire something that tightens up the bottom end on my Bljr too...i mean i know it's only a 1X12 but i'd like to give it the best bottom end i can get?!
          Originally posted by jeremy
          God hates bad guitar tone
          GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
          AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
          EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
          Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Working...
          X