banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the problems with fixing wahs to pedalboards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the problems with fixing wahs to pedalboards?

I don't see why everyone makes a fuss about attaching a wah to a pedalboard.

Why don't you just remove the rubber feet, screw the backpanel down using the screws that were in the feet and then velcro it?

Am I missing something here?

As an extra trick, flip the backplate over and attach the velcro to that side. That way, if you ever sell it, you can just flip it back the right way and the label will be in mint condition.
    There's nothing quite as satisfying as a dancing banana...

Re: Why the problems with fixing wahs to pedalboards?

Although I never tried it that's what I always figured would be easiest. I just recently got my first wah and purchased a NYC board at the same time so I just had them make on of those wah pedal risers so I wouldn't have to fool with it

Comment

Originally posted by darkshadow54321
      I don't see why everyone makes a fuss about attaching a wah to a pedalboard.

Why don't you just remove the rubber feet, screw the backpanel down using the screws that were in the feet and then velcro it?

Am I missing something here?

As an extra trick, flip the backplate over and attach the Velcro to that side. That way, if you ever sell it, you can just flip it back the right way and the label will be in mint condition.
      I didn't even bother with Velcro. I just drilled 4 holes in my board,took the rubber feet off and screwed it right to the board. Problem solved
      Last thing you want is your Wah coming loose during transit and busting up your other pedal's.
      http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

The issue is usually that the input jack doesn't have enough clearance to rise above the lip on some pedalboards. So, they add an extra piece of plywood covered in Ozite to act as a riser. Another issue that comes up is that most people want the wah on one side of their board, but if they like to run an OD or fuzz first, then you've got to wire it that way, or have a wah pedal somewhere in the middle of the board. Other than that, I can't think of any real issues.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Works fine for me....
          ]
          FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

The first time I tried it I bent the backing plate to my wah. I think the Velcro was the "way too sticky" kind!

Comment

I use cable ties.

Comment

What I did was drill 4 holes in the pedal board (and backplate) then put the backplate over those holes and screwed it down to the pedal board.

Also, underneath where the original set of 4 holes were in the backplate, I drilled some large holes in the wood, big enough to get a screwdriver through. That way I could still reattach the backplate to the wah chassis while the backplate was screwed down to the wood.
                Richard

Free Shred Guitar Lessons
                Marshall Mods

Comment

Working...
                X