Laney LC15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laney LC15

I know you guys will enjoy this amp. This guy did a great job in rethinking this package.

I love stuff like this. Very clean job.
    Jackson, Ibanez & Ovation Guitars
    Laney, Marshall & Peavey Amplification

((tube max dissipation wattage / amp plate voltage) x % of max dissipation wattage) x 1000 = bias current in mA

"There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be throwed." - Marshall Matt Dillon - GUNSMOKE (1959)

Re: Laney LC15

thats exactly what i was thinking of doing to mine (except a bit more hyper)

but i got problems with mine and i need to send it back =/ VERY harsh top end and aint as loud as it should be.

Comment

I do not like Laney amps, but I have to say that the guy selling that one did a great job rehousing it.
      I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

great job - but i wouldn't that one

i like laney amps.
        ~+~ tube afflicted, strat addicted ~+~

Comment

Originally posted by B Bent
          I do not like Laney amps, but I have to say that the guy selling that one did a great job rehousing it.
          You dont like laneys. Why? You play a junker through a junker? Or are you a tele->twin/bf/bassman/etc only guy? Im curious to see why people say they dont like certain amps instead of just saying they dont.
          Guitars: Jackson Black Flametop SLSMG FullShred(A8)/FullShred w/Tonepros bridge
          Fernandes Revolver Pro 7-String, BKP Painkiller(A8)
          Amp: Laney VH100R and Splawn 2x12 cab
          Effects: John Spina modded SD-1, Morley Bad Horsie Wah, MXR 10-band EQ (OLD version)
          Recording/Practice: Line 6 Guitar Port

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
            got problems with mine and i need to send it back =/ VERY harsh top end ....
            That's just typical for a Laney dude

Naw...seriously..Laneys *are* a bit fizzy on top, but I'm sad to hear ya just got it and have to send it back that sucks...welcome to the world of finnicky tube amps.
            I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

i can understand it having a fizzy top end...

but this is ... i cant realy explain it. you'd have to hear. HORRIBLE

Comment

i can understand it having a fizzy top end...

but this is ... i cant realy explain it. you'd have to hear. HORRIBLE
                Make a clip!

And have you tried new tubes? (and checked the speaker cone?...i.e. a rip/tear?)
                I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
                  Make a clip!
                  its already packed, dont feel like taking it out.
                  And have you tried new tubes? (and checked the speaker cone?...i.e. a rip/tear?)
                  no spare tubes and i dont want to spend money on them if it turns out that something else is wrong.
                  speaker doesnt matter since i put it through my cab

Comment

its already packed, dont feel like taking it out.

no spare tubes and i dont want to spend money on them if it turns out that something else is wrong.
                    speaker doesnt matter since i put it through my cab
                    You will need new tubes eventually. You are just buying them in advance basically. It very well may NOT be the tubes, but that is 90% of the time the problem with a crappy sounding amp.

Comment

You will need new tubes eventually. You are just buying them in advance basically. It very well may NOT be the tubes, but that is 90% of the time the problem with a crappy sounding amp.
                      i was hoping to be good to go on the tubes already in the amp and not needing to replace them as soon as i got it.

Comment

i was hoping to be good to go on the tubes already in the amp and not needing to replace them as soon as i got it.
                        I understand that....but tubes go bad...sometimes really quick...and most don't have a warranty. You very well could be replacing them a week down the road even if they were good to begin with.

Just saying that if you are gonna buy a tube amp, be prepared to be replacing them..either for tonal reasons, or for maintenance. I would have tried that first before sending it back. Your next amps tubes could be damaged in shipping or something. Have some extras around

Comment

I understand that....but tubes go bad...sometimes really quick...and most don't have a warranty. You very well could be replacing them a week down the road even if they were good to begin with.

Just saying that if you are gonna buy a tube amp, be prepared to be replacing them..either for tonal reasons, or for maintenance. I would have tried that first before sending it back. Your next amps tubes could be damaged in shipping or something. Have some extras around
                          i understand you, but after talking with jeff and he said he had amps with the same simptoms and a tube change didnt improve anything, it would just seem like wasted money to me.

Comment

i understand you, but after talking with jeff and he said he had amps with the same simptoms and a tube change didnt improve anything, it would just seem like wasted money to me.
                            K...didn't know you talked the problem over indepth with the master

That said, I'd still keep some extras around

Comment

K...didn't know you talked the problem over indepth with the master

That said, I'd still keep some extras around
                              lol... ok, ok..

Comment

Working...
                              X