Distortion/Overdrive pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distortion/Overdrive pedal?

I play on gibson guitars with duncan aph buckers through a engl fireball head(This is a high gain amp) At first I loved the amount of distortion, but after a while the ultra-gain channel just is too noisy for me. The amp has a great clean sound, and I wonder if I`d be better of using a dist.pedal? In such case, wich and why... (Other effects..wah, EQ, Chorus, delay)

Re: Distortion/Overdrive pedal?

if it's to noisy the only thing you really need is a noisegate. Don't even think of limiting a cool amp like the fireball to it's clean channel if you haven't tried noise reduction before, or else i'll sacrifice you to the metal gods
    - 03 B.C. Rich Custom Shop Stealth EMG 81(n)/89(m)/60(n)
    - 04 Malmsteen Sig. Strat DMZ HS-3(b)/YJM(m)/YJM(n)
    - 05 Line 6 Variax 700
    - 08 Schecter C-7 Hellraiser Blackout N/B
    - 04 B.C. Rich NJ beast(Speedloader) SD Dimebucker(b)/Full Shred(n)
    - 99 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock SD Dimebucker(b)/Full Shred(n)
    - Clarity(by Johnson) Ovation Copy
    - Takamine acoustic(not sure abut year and model)
    -Engl Sovereign 100 Vintage 1x12 Combo + Engl Pro 4x12 (V30s)

Comment

I definitely try the noise gate suggestion, I prefer the sound of an amps distortion to any pedal. Oh you might want to try some new pre-amps tubes as they can have change the tone of your distortion alot.
      Fender MIM Strat 59 trembucker bridge/Super II neck
      Edwards 56' Goldtop 2 x SD P90-1s
      Marshall JCM 900 MKIV 2100 slx
      Marshall JCM 900 1936 Celestion GT-75/Vintage 30 cab,
      Fender Frontman 15g
      Cry Baby
      Boss DS-2
      Boss CE-3
      Danelectro Wasabi

Comment

Hi! True, ya dont mess with the distortion on a good amp like ENGL... at least not replace it with a effectbox! I found that setting the bass at 11 o`clock, middle at 3 o`clock, treble at 9 o`clock and prescense at 10 o`clock while running the 7 band EQ through the loop with a mid cut and high/low end boost, I got a FAT sound. Seemed like i place a diezeltop in my beloved ENGLS place. Strange, that little box would make such a difference.

Comment

Working...
        X