banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GB/Hellatone 30(G12h30) Who's using this combo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GB/Hellatone 30(G12h30) Who's using this combo?

Just ordered up a set from Dave and wondered if anyone else has this combo?
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Re: GB/Hellatone 30(G12h30) Who's using this combo?

I haven't used the combo, but I have one of Dave's Hellatone 30 speakers and I think it's great It's a very balanced and smooth speaker, no harshness anywhere (not to mention it's inexpensive)!
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

The mo9re popular set up is a G12H and a Vintage 30 but I happen to like greenbacks but prefer them in a closed back cab...you shoudl have a nice, midrangey set up with a decent amount of speaker breakup...

Keep us posted on what you think of it!
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Sure thing Christian, these are going into a closed back 2x12 that currently has a V30/Texas Heat...I know weird combo. So I'll try the tried and true V30/G12H30 and get a good a/bing between that and the GB/G12. I also asked Dave why they don't have a Hellatone Greenback. Seems like a good and natural addition to the 60 and 30.
        '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Originally posted by JumpMarine
          Sure thing Christian, these are going into a closed back 2x12 that currently has a V30/Texas Heat...I know weird combo. So I'll try the tried and true V30/G12H30 and get a good a/bing between that and the GB/G12. I also asked Dave why they don't have a Hellatone Greenback. Seems like a good and natural addition to the 60 and 30.
          I agree about the Hellatone Greenback, from what I've heard about regular Hellatones, they sound great, and they could make a Greenback even better.
          The G.B. Kirch Band on Facebook!
          And Here on Bandcamp!
          Crankin' a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Strat into a Crate V32, in an attempt to deafen those who don't enjoy good ol' fashioned blues and rock n' roll

Comment

Working...
          X