digitech 2120, 2101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digitech 2120, 2101

So whats the deal with these pre's? I remember them getting some pretty rave reviews back in the day then yesterday I heard a clip of one (2120) and was pretty amazed at the lead tone it produced. I typically don't give digitech stuff a second look half the time and alot of other people don't as well. Who has played one and I mean really played one (tweaked it all out) and what you thought. Just curious.
    Speak through your fingers

Re: digitech 2120, 2101

I have a GSP 2101 Artist that I bought around 95 or so...Great product for getting great tone to tape or onto any recording media...Alex Lifeson used a 2101 on his solo album....I Like mine enough that I won't part with it,plus I've used it on gigs several years ago and in stereo into 2 Pro Juinor amps....

The 2101 is more tweakable and I think it's alot better than the 2120 and those units that came out after the original 2101 versions..
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Thats suprising to hear that the 2101 is more tweakable. I figured the 2120 would be since it was one of the last of the 21xx series to come out.

Comment

i had a 2112 (upgraded to a 2120 specs) for awhile. Actually, the competing product from Roland at that time, the GP-100 was *a lot* better. By today's standards, the early DACs sounded pretty bad. Not nearly as tweakable as the Roland, and the tube was more of a gimmick than a integral part of the tone.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Well the 2120's really don't go for too awful much sometimes on ebay and I thought about just picking one up just to have as a another tone option for direct recording. However, I'm still completely sold on the VG-88 and intend to pick one up here soon for direct recording as well. That and get rid of the Pod XT, at least thats the plan.
          Last edited by vinterland; 05-03-2006, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vinterland
            Thats suprising to hear that the 2101 is more tweakable. I figured the 2120 would be since it was one of the last of the 21xx series to come out.
            The 2101 is more tweakable,as I said...
            Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
            X