Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb fuse question...

Hey guys,

I just realized that I don't have any spare fuses around for my amp.

How do I know what type of fuse goes into my JCM?

Around the fuse encapsulation thingy there are 3 different things written:

Mains fuse
    240V 1AT
    220V

120V 2AT

Now, I don't know jack about fuses... What does that mean? I need a 2AT fuse since I plug it in 120V outputs?

Of course, the fuse that's in there doesn't have any markings on it or any that I can decifer...

Thanks for the help... I'm not much of a knowledgeable amp guy as you can guess....

Re: Dumb fuse question...

Originally posted by Surgeon
    Hey guys,

I just realized that I don't have any spare fuses around for my amp.

How do I know what type of fuse goes into my JCM?

Around the fuse encapsulation thingy there are 3 different things written:

Mains fuse
    240V 1AT
    220V

120V 2AT

Now, I don't know jack about fuses... What does that mean? I need a 2AT fuse since I plug it in 120V outputs?

Of course, the fuse that's in there doesn't have any markings on it or any that I can decifer...

Thanks for the help... I'm not much of a knowledgeable amp guy as you can guess....
    If your wall voltages are like ours here in the USA,go with 2 amp 120 volts...

If your voltages are higher,you'll have to go with the 1 amp fuse....Memory tells me that the fuses are rated for 250 volts anyway..

Not sure if you're supposed to use slow blow or fast acting....I think slow blow?
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Thanks for the input John.

Yes, our voltages are exactly the same as yours... 2 ampers then?

Is that the kind of fuses Radioshack will carry?

Man, I can't believe how clueless I am!

Comment

Thanks for the input John.

Yes, our voltages are exactly the same as yours... 2 ampers then?

Is that the kind of fuses Radioshack will carry?

Man, I can't believe how clueless I am!
        Yep....Go with a 2 amp slow blow type and have extras at home...
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
          Yep....Go with a 2 amp slow blow type and have extras at home...
          Ok thanks...

Kinda freaked me out when I realized that I didn't have any extras around...

I just realized it this morning while preparing the stuff for tonight's gig...

Thanks for the help John!

Comment

Ok thanks...

Kinda freaked me out when I realized that I didn't have any extras around...

I just realized it this morning while preparing the stuff for tonight's gig...

Thanks for the help John!
            Anytime for you brother! Enjoy your gig...

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
              Anytime for you brother! Enjoy your gig...
              Thanks...

It was actually a very cool gig... no blown fuse tho...

My drummer got his Pathfinder broken into, a sub-amp stolen, we opened up one of our cable/mic box to find it flooded (the drummer just covered most of the stuff with a plastic blanket for a night or two although we told him to get the stuff inside...)

Fun

Comment

My JCM 800 has a 1A on the heaters and a 4 amp on the mains. All the glass type fuses I have run into when dealing with amps are the 250V variety and the 1-2-3-4 amp fuses that I have at the house are all 250v.

You definately want the slow blow fuses and many will be marked 1A250VSB for slow blow.

The best place to find glass fuses are automotive parts stores. They are getting harder to find at places like Radio Shack or ACO (hardware).
                www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
                www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
                http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Thanks for the input Robert.

I found what I was looking for but will keep that info in mind as well for future reference.

Comment

Take a look at what is in there. If you didn't buy the amp new, it might possibly have an incorrect value fuse in there.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

After further inspection, a very faint 2A was on the fuse...

That answers the question...

Thanks a lot for all the help fellas!

Comment

FYI:

A "T" on the fuse is, as I understand, the European equivalent of the American fuses marked "Slow-Blow".

Bill
                        When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                          FYI:

A "T" on the fuse is, as I understand, the European equivalent of the American fuses marked "Slow-Blow".

Bill
                          Exactly, it comes from the german word "Träge", which mneans "Slow" or "Sluggish" .

Those fuses listed on the back of the amp are (US name, from top to bottom, which to use depends on the input voltage)

1A240VSB

none

2A120VSB
                          Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Where were you guys on saturday when I needed advice before the gig? Sleeping?

Just kidding

Thanks again for the input!

Comment

Working...
                            X