Need help on deciding on AMP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help on deciding on AMP!!

The HRD has a lot of clean headroom, similar to a Fender twin, but not quite. I don't really like the distortion for humbuckers, but it's not bad for single coils - not quite as mushy.

You might like the Carvin MTS series tube amps. They have very nice clean tone and a decent metal tone. A friend of mine has a 2x12 combo and it really sounds great for clean and crunch. I don't think it does the in-between tones very well though.. the kind of tones that may be considered as "bluesy".
    https://www.bandmix.com/stevereed/

Comment

Re: Need help on deciding on AMP!!

I had a buddy of mine that played progressive metal and speed stuff and he played an epiphone les paul special through a boss metal zone into a danelectro metal distortion pedal (one of the little plastic ones) through a Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10 and he got the coolest crunchiest and most intense metal tones that I've ever heard live. It's all about how you utilize the tools you have man. But just so you know, the Deville (with the right pedals) can do what you're asking
      Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
      It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Working...
      X