No announcement yet.

Follow-up to Duncan Twin-Tube Classic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow-up to Duncan Twin-Tube Classic?

I started thinking about the name 'Twin-Tube Classic' and the fact that it does a low-gain grit to overdrive on the rhythm channel and higher gain on the lead; if that is dubbed 'classic' (and rightfully so), could there be a followup pedal for higher-gain 'modern' sounds? The 'Classic' is getting rave reviews, so I'm hoping that the good folks at Duncan 'kick it up a few notches' and come up with something as high quality (both build and sonically) for hard rock and metal sounds.
    - Buck

Re: Follow-up to Duncan Twin-Tube Classic?

I think you should probably try to test drive one ... it sounded pretty good at the demo I heard at NAMM, and there just may be plenty of gain on tap for you.
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

Run a big-ole invader into it and see if it has enough gain. I've tried it and it does have a nice bit of oomph, but it's still not going to meet the needs of serious metal heads. I do hope that SD comes out with a heavy metal version with similar construction to the SFX-03. That would be sweet fo sho. Build something with a parametric notch filter that has variable width and frequency.

Comment

I played on a prototype metal version at UGD...they might still have it in production, or they might have scrapped the idea. It was a pretty sweet little pedal though.

Comment

For those of you that have tried the Twin Tube Classic: how is the mid-range on these units? (flat, scooped, boosted?) I guess since it's transparent, it's transparent; because there are controls for bass and treble, I was assuming that the midrange is flat.
          Yes, a hard rock/metal version with a full eq would be sweet.

Comment

Personally, I think high gain sounds better when you balance the gain on the amp with the gain on an OD pedal like the SFX-3. It much fuller sounding than running a highgain pedal into a cleaner amp and expecting the pedal to supply most of the gain. Just my 2 cents.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
              Personally, I think high gain sounds better when you balance the gain on the amp with the gain on an OD pedal like the SFX-3. It much fuller sounding than running a highgain pedal into a cleaner amp and expecting the pedal to supply most of the gain. Just my 2 cents.
              I totally agree!
              My Soundclick page.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser

The beautiful thing about the SFX-03 is that it sounds amazing when played into a very clean amp! This things turns my Twin into a 3 channel amp with the best cleans ever (from the Twin) and a killer od channel and a massive lead channel and you should hear it with my Sound City half stack...can you say ****ING HUGE!
                If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
                  The beautiful thing about the SFX-03 is that it sounds amazing when played into a very clean amp! This things turns my Twin into a 3 channel amp with the best cleans ever (from the Twin) and a killer od channel and a massive lead channel and you should hear it with my Sound City half stack...can you say ****ING HUGE!
                  Does it really blend well with the Twin Reverb? I've tried a few pedals into my Twin, and i can get them to sound pretty good, but its never quite the same as a "built in" overdrive channel. What type of amp does the gain of this pedal sound closest to?
                  http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
                  >cord<
                  1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

The lead channel on the twin tube classic had plenty of gain on tap when I tried it. I'm 100% positive I could make some SIC metal with that bad boy! I didn't buy it cuz I didn't think I would ever use the other channel and didn't wanna spend that money if I was only gonna use have of the pedal.

It's a great pedal though!

ROck on ~ Kac
                    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
                    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
                    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Working...
                    X