line 6 vetta II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• line 6 vetta II

I've always want to try these amps out, but always forget to. Anyway, are they really worth their high price?

Re: line 6 vetta II

IMO, no. They must be trying to recoup 10 years of research and design, because in reality it should sell for $800 not $1600.

Save your money, and score a used Vox Valvetronix head for under $450. They sound just as good, if not better. The L6 has a lot more FX and features, but who cares.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

+1 to GJ. I got most, if not all, the amps on the vetta II on my PODxt. Its cool, but not worth the price tag. You could get a damned nice tube amp for that price .

Comment

Originally posted by taphappy
        I've always want to try these amps out, but always forget to. Anyway, are they really worth their high price?
        No!!!
        Noone plays with so many different tones and effects.a good amp and a G major o G system is far more better and the same price.
        www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Only if you get it used, then you run into the possible problems everyone talks about. I've got both the Vetta II and the Valvetronix AD60VTX and I like the Valvetronix better for Fendery type stuff and the Vetta for anything with serious overdrive or distortion. I think the Vetta is a killer amp and the effects are better than the ones on the Valvetronix, especially the chorus which I don't like on anything distorted on the Valvetronix--sounds like a flanger to me.

The nice thing about the Vetta is that when Line 6 upgrades the series, you can just download it into your version of Vetta. I have an original Vetta but when I bought it the seller had downloaded the Vetta II into it so I essentially bought a Vetta II. I don't like the "more organic" type of amps on the Vetta like the Voxes or Fenders only because (again to me) they kinda lack some feel when playing blues and stuff like that, which I'm big on. For playing metal though (again, IMHO) the amp flat out kicks.

Thing I like about the Vox over the Line 6? Simplicity. Sometimes all the options on the Line 6 are so mind boggling, you just don't feel like going through all the parameters to program it. Which cabinet, which amp, stereo or mono, which mic, which position on the mic, which effect, what order do I want the effects it--whew! Granted, GREAT options and you can really shape your sound, but the Vetta is NOT a plug and play amp. I think that's where a lot of people don't like it, is that they plug in, play and think it sucks. It doesn't. You've got to coax the sound you like out of it, and you can but it takes time. With the Vox you've got a few amp models, no cabs, the effects are where they are and that's it. Sure, you've got to adjust your tone a bit but it's more like playing a real amp to me. Maybe it's in my head but I think the tube adds lotsa realism to the amp patches as well along with feel.

Hope this helps a bit, LOL.
          My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
          or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
          http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
          700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
            X