Behringer TO800 first impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer TO800 first impressions

I got my Behringer Vintage Tube OD today (reportedly only one resistor value away from an old school TS). I tried it with my lil' 10-watt 6L6 tube pa and it added a nice bluesy/70s rock thing. Very smooth.

I tried it with my Carvin x100b which has a good amount of gain already, and look out: it took away the fartiness that I seem to aurally hone in on, and added a nice fizz and midrange attack good for both rhythms and leads.

The box is cheap as they come, and the worst battery compartment I've ever seen. Knobs are plastic, as is the case, but the sound is KILLER. If yer lookin' for a vintage TS sound and don't want to goof with an expensive original, clone, or kit, this is the deal. I dunno if I'd trust it on stage, and it isn't true bypass, but for recording or at home - just fine. Sound clips? If I can get off my lazy arse.

Re: Behringer TO800 first impressions

Does it suck tone?

Comment

Re: Behringer TO800 first impressions

Originally posted by JLagoon
      Does it suck tone?
      when it's engaged, it helps my tone! badump bump, I'm here all week. but when "bypassed" I'm sure it does suck some tone out since it's not true bypass.

Comment

Working...
      X