Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: played my first gig with the Jr.

Originally posted by Hoss
    you're right man...like i said, i've always been my worst critic and i'm not going to let my fears of "screwing up royally" stop me from honestly getting better, cuz that's what it was doing!
    If you screw up? So what? If you make an azz out of yourself? So what?

I go through this with my fiancee. She plays a little guitar and a little bass. She's got a band together with some friends. They went from not knowing how to play to playing at one of the girl's wedding. She won't play in front of me if she can help it. She says that she doesn't want to embarass herself. It's actually really frustrating to hear her talk like that.

It's healthy to have some stage fright or even self doubt. Too much will destroy you.
    *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
    Originally posted by Slash2987
    Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
    Originally posted by PVFan
    I'm a good sex man.
    Originally posted by Grumpy
    I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

Re: played my first gig with the Jr.

Hoss, that's so cool!

BTW "late in life" - I started playing in 2001 and am 47 now. You do the math...

Chip
      Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
      Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
      Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
      SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
      SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
      "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Working...
      X