how hard of a mod would this be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how hard of a mod would this be?

well, since i'm gonna be using the bassman for upright aswell, when i get one, and i never use the bass channel anyways cuz it sounds ****ty for both bass and guitar, i got the idea to just mod the bass channel to be, well, a better bass channel. Has a deep switch, after all

the guitar side has bass, mid, treble, and volume controls, and the bass only has treble bass & volume, but when i play bass, on the guitar side, i usually dime the bass & keep the mids & treble at about 4

so basically what i wanna do is set the mids on the bass channel at the equivalent of "4" on the guitar side, copy the treble values, and make what's "10" on the guitar side bass control about "7" on the bass side bass control

I also wanna bypass the master volume on the bass side only

so, how hard would this be? i got a couple friends who can build amps, and i know i could con one of them into doing it for me, but I need to know how much work it's gonna be so i know whether or not i'll need to give em a little money for it.

They're also pretty new at it, so it'd help if i could tell them exactly what to do
    Originally posted by gibson175
    metal zones are for pussies.

Re: how hard of a mod would this be?

bump, c'mon, several people know the answer to this question

Comment

If you change the component values (tone stack, bypass cap) on the 'bass channel' to match the 'guitar' side, you will be pretty close. The MV is global and affects both channels; use it or lose (remove) it. What kind of Bassman is this? I'm thinking a 70's 135 if you have a mid control and a master...

Comment

70's 100

so you can't bypass it on just one channel?

Comment

Working...
        X