What flanger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What flanger?

I tried the EH Electric Mistress, a Boss Flanger, and the Ibanez CF-7 Chorus/Flange....and they all probably have their places at times in certain songs. I wanted something a little more transparent than those I mentioned and decided to try a MXR-M117 Flanger, and I have to admit that I'm impressed with the sound and the effect itself. The sound almost has a touch of chorus in it when it sweeps through the top of the frequency, and the effect is a good quality sweep with nice controls for tweaking. It's pretty much what I was looking for, and is very usable for a variety of styles.....but I still wouldn't mind trying one of those ADA Flangers one of these days.

Comment

The ADA Flanger is so fun. If you open it up, there's little trim pots all over the circuit board, that are fine tuneable, so you can find the Q point on every aspect of it's sound. It's one of the greatest pedals ever made, IMO. I'd kill to find an ADA Final Phase, but most sellers know what they have.
      I got mine from a guy who was dead broke and scrambling for cash, and he sold it to me for $85, since it had scratches on it, and no power supply. I love it.

Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
        The ADA Flanger is so fun. If you open it up, there's little trim pots all over the circuit board, that are fine tuneable, so you can find the Q point on every aspect of it's sound. It's one of the greatest pedals ever made, IMO. I'd kill to find an ADA Final Phase, but most sellers know what they have.
        I got mine from a guy who was dead broke and scrambling for cash, and he sold it to me for $85, since it had scratches on it, and no power supply. I love it.
        That's a rippin' deal, 'bro. Being able to tweak a pedal with trim-pots like that is really a plus. The ADA is definitely the top of the heap, I'm sure, so I'll be keeping my eye out for one of those deals, too....

Comment

Working...
        X