X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tubes for JTM30

tubes on my JTM30 are dying.
    what sorta tubes does it use?
    what should i fit in it to get something good, possibly better than the stock ones?
    Fender MIA '97 Std Telecaster /w Antiquities
    Epiphone MIK Les Paul /w SD Jazz + JB

Re: Tubes for JTM30

Svetlana EL34's
    12ax7's: Goldendragons, JJ, Tungsols
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Gotta add the GT 12AX7M to the list now and also the GT EL34L tubes are great.
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

JJ E34L's in my JTM60. Love em'.

JJ and EH 12AX7's in the pre.

If the 30 is like the 60, it needs to be biased. The bias post is a bit hard to find, you have to be looking at the chassis from the side to see the blue bias pot.
        Jackson, Ibanez & Ovation Guitars
        Laney, Marshall & Peavey Amplification

((tube max dissipation wattage / amp plate voltage) x % of max dissipation wattage) x 1000 = bias current in mA

"There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be throwed." - Marshall Matt Dillon - GUNSMOKE (1959)

Comment

Working...
        X