Woohoo! New Toys (Mesa Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woohoo! New Toys (Mesa Content)

Well guys I walked into our friendly neighborhood music store in Oxford, MS today and look around, seeing the same ole stuff that's always in there, when what do my wandering eyes appears, but a Mesa/Boogie DC-2 Studio Caliber. This little boy was a bit dusty but I plug in and it sounds GREAT. I tried it with a couple of strats and a tele and man did it sound good. So I look at the price tag and at a measley $359, how could I turn it down? I put it on the layaway since I didn't have that much money with me at the time, so I'll be picking it up in two weeks. 25 watts, 2 channels, 1x12 with an effects loop....Sweet little number and can't wait to get it home.

Story is it was in there about 2 months ago when another guy put it on layaway (it's there on consignment) and well the guy shows up earlier this week and says he doesn't want to play electric, and can he put the money down on an acoustic guitar and not buy the amp...well the guy who owns the amp was reluctant but gave the money back and put the amp back up for sale...today....just a little before I walked in.....so it's mine now! MUAHAH!

Anyway, just thought I'd share my excitement. And here's a pic ...it's not my actual amp, but mine is just like this one

Last edited by CapoFirstFret; 06-06-2006, 11:04 PM.
    Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
    It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Re: Woohoo! New Toys (Mesa Content)

Nice.
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Those are cool amps. Good Score.
      GMP Pawnshop Deluxe - Custom Custom Bridge, 59n

Parker Fly, Ruby Red, 1996 H/H/P

Parker Nitefly SSH

THD Univalve with Avatar Cab

Bad Cat Mini Cat

Vox Valvetronix AD-60 1x12

"Thanks for comin out and...
      KEEPIN THE SCENE ALIVE"

Comment

yeah, I was totally diggin it in the store and laid the money right then and there to put it on hold for me...I'm pretty psyched
        It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
        Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Daym! That's a good score. I wouldn't have turned that deal down, either.
          Little Mesa combos are great; I have an F-30 that kicks butt.

[ LP Standard G0 ][ SG Standard R2 ]

Comment

Well Hottie Toddie, a great amp in Oxford.

Enjoy, I love my F-50.

Comment

yeah, it's taunting me being in that shop and I can't take it home for a couple of weeks

Comment

That sounds like a screamin' deal. Post some clips when you get it home!
                My Soundclick

Comment

Man yeah, you can guarantee I'll be posting some clips the moment I get it in the door....gonna go back to the shop tomorrow and play it a bit more...see how it reacts to humbuckers (I'm sure it'll be great!) It is such a killer amp....I wanted one of those Studio .22's for a while and this is a nice compromise

Comment

anyone got more information on these amps? dates available and stuff like that? Mine actually doesn't say DC-2 on the front..just says Studio Caliber....looks older than this model, no contour knob

Comment

Cool little amp! Good to see you making up for the terrible misfortune, since it's something that's better to not think about. Let's just hope that the dikks that ripped some of your gear have something awful happen to them in their life. With any luck, it'll be something that hurts worse. I shouldn't think that way, but I do......F'in thieves!

Glad to see you picking up some new toys to make up for it.
                      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

i can't believe i can say those (and i really shouldn't be )

buuuuuuut..... welcome to the mesa club, brother capo your first dutie as a brother of the clan is to play that amp like a madman

edit: what happened with thieves?
                        Originally posted by kilphody
                        There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Comment

I bought a DC-3 for a short time used from GC, but it ended up having serious issues so I took it back. While it worked it was an incredible little amp! Congrats bro!
                          I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

I'm not a Mesa pro, but I dont believe they make a mesa DC-2 Caliber. I know of the DC-2 and the .22 Caliber...

My friend has a DC-5, killer amp. HBs will rock with that amp. He uses his for metal/prog rock so it has plenty of gain on tap and the clean chnnel is great too for SCs.
                            Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
                            Ibanez RG1570 Custom
                            PRS McCarty STD
                            '71 Gibson SG Custom
                            Bogner Alchemist 2x12
                            Vox AD15VT

Comment

well that amp in the picture above is a "mesa/boogie Studio Caliber DC-2" ...says so on the amp just underneath the power switches...mine just says studio caliber.....and because it's two channels, with reverb..I'm assuming it's a DC-2

Comment

Working...
                              X