Recommend me a cheaper Uni-Vibe pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a cheaper Uni-Vibe pedal

Does anyone make a good sounding Uni-Vibe (clone) cheaper than Dunlop. I love that Trower thang but don't want to spend too much for something that may only get occasional use.
    Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Re: Recommend me a cheaper Uni-Vibe pedal

You can get pretty close with a Danelectro Cool Cat. Great chorus pedal. Blue Calx has one for sale in the Trading Post.
    Band: www.colouredanimal.com
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
    Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Used Voodoo labs Micro Vibe. Much better than the dunlop and can be had for about $90.00.
      Originally posted by tone4days
      we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

Thanks for the tips, guys. That Micro Vibe looks good. You know, I got to thinking, doesn't Gearjoneser use a Line 6 MM4? Picking up a used one may be a great way to get Phase 90, Flange, Chorus and Univibe all in one package.

I think I'm derailing my own thread.
        Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

Originally posted by bungalowbill
          Used Voodoo labs Micro Vibe. Much better than the dunlop and can be had for about $90.00.
          +1. For reasonable money, that's the best one.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Check out the Digitech Expression Factory. I'm not a Uni-Vibe expert, so I don't know how authentic it is, but it does have some pretty cool sounds, include Whammy, Space S, wahs, Leslie, etc., plus 7 overdrive/distortions.

Comment

I like the Line 6 Modulation pedal for the ease of finding classic FX and inventing some trippy ones. I've owned the Microvibe and also the gold Fulltone Dejavibe, and can say that the Line 6 can't really duplicate it well. The L6 is good for a lot of FX in a box, and worth buying, but only a true analog vibe really nails the sound.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

My brother goes for the MM4
                I have a Voodoo Labs Micro
                They're both great. Just think about what you want.
                Guitars- Melancon, Paul Reed Smith
                Effects- Line 6, EMMA, Xotic, EB, Dunlop, Fulltone, Voodoo Labs, Analog Man, Boss
                Amp- Fender
                Originally posted by Skullkrusher
                After comparing the 17inch and 15inch models side by side........I decided to go with the 15inch. The 17inch was nice, but I think it was a bit too big. Anyway........

Comment

Voodoo Labs gets my vote for a standalone. There are also used Alesis Quadraverbs out there cheap, and I always thought they did a good Leslie. It's a rack piece with more crap in it than you need, but it could be a cheap way of adding Leslie to your rig. They have a bypass footpedal jack too, so you can leave it with the amp and just turn it on and off. But you can also have fun with all the other stuff, too, like with the Line 6. But the QV should sound better.

The Quadraverb Leslie has more controllable features than a pedal, like hi rotor level. I like to run it with a super tight, short reverb to simulate the way the cabinet resonates slightly behind the speaker travel. I can never bring myself to buy a H&K Rotosphere, but they are the coolest. So at least the Alesis keeps my Rotoshpere GAS under control.

Comment

Working...
                  X