SD pickup boost pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD pickup boost pedal?

i just got one a few days ago. and so far i am not really impressed with it. i like the boost it gives. but the switch on it doesnt seem to make a difference. i have played 2 strats through it and it never changed the sound at all. i have it like the manual says first in my chain still nothing. i havent used it with OD or distortion. i have used boost pedals before so i wasnt expecting it to be an od or anything. i mainly bought it because of it being able to change a single coils sound. i'm not making any judgements about it being a bad pedal yet i plan on giving it a few more days. does anyone have any suggestions about how to get it to sounds the best?

Re: SD pickup boost pedal?

Thats odd. I can tell an immediate difference with mine, even if I use humbuckers to start with. Its subtle, but easily noticeable. I did just try something though. If I roll the tone knob back to zero, I can't hear any affect. Apparently, all the affect is mostly on the high-end. I don't know if that will help you isolate your problem.

Comment

I really love how transparent the boost is. Every pedal I have tried adds color, this just gives me more of the amps own tone. Really has worked well for me. I like that it does nothing but give me clean boost. Depending on the amp, I vary the level of boost.

What tonally are you hoping for it to do?

Love the Avatar BTW.
      ]
      FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

well i wasnt expecting much out of the pedal. i admit it is very transparent. i like it for that fact. i just saw in the manual and read online about it making single coils sound more like a humbucker. i wasnt expecting a drastic change in sound. but i was expecting some change. i messed around with it somemore today and still nothing. i used 2 mim strats a squire strat and my tele. and it didnt do anything.

Comment

Working...
        X