Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal Power Adaptor

Hey guys,
    Wondering what is good for a multi pedal power adaptor. Is the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power any good?
    Daisy Chaining isn't as good cause it causes hissing? Is that correct?
    At the moment i have a Fulltone Wah, a Keeley Ts9 and a DD6, i need to power them up with an adaptor, and room to supply more pedals in the future.
    Any suggestions?
    Fender MIA '97 Std Telecaster /w Antiquities
    Epiphone MIK Les Paul /w SD Jazz + JB

Re: Pedal Power Adaptor

Daisy chaining is fine as long as you have a good power supply and quiet pedals. I can chain together 6-7 boss pedals from a single boss power supply pedal without any problems. The cheaper power supplies are the ones you have to watch out for, they will usually cause noticible noise, especially in distortion pedals I've found.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Voodoo Labs is a good product
      Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
      When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
      Red Devils - 1% all the way!
      Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
      Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

If you've got the room for it, you can't beat a Pedal Power. The power is clean and quiet. I did A/B comparisons recently with the Pedal Power 2+ and the 1Spot.

Anybody wanna buy a slightly used 1Spot? I didn't think so....
        Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

I use a Diago Powerstation (http://www.diago.co.uk/) to power my pedalboard.

It has a large current output if necessary, but is also tightly regulated so that it can power upto around 20 - 30 pedals I believe

It's not too expensive either!

I thoroughly recommend it

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv
            Daisy chaining is fine as long as you have a good power supply and quiet pedals.
            True, with the caveat that it can occasionally cause ground loop hum.
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
            My Music

Comment

I've got a Godlyke and it does the job with no hum or hiss.
              My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
              or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
              http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
              700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Originally posted by 75lespaul
                I've got a Godlyke and it does the job with no hum or hiss.
                I was going to say this... but he beat me to it... so I won't... well. maybe...

Yeah, I love my Godlyke - works great for me. And they give you a bunch of different adapters which I used for reverse polarity and such
                Rick
                (the original Rick James!)

Sing unto Him a new song; play skillfully with a LOUD noise. Psalm 33:3
                Lincoln Brewster Kutless Newsboys Third Day David Crowder U2

Comment

Originally posted by aleclee
                  True, with the caveat that it can occasionally cause ground loop hum.
                  Also true Hey, how's that magic stomp? I've heard a lot of good stuff about them . . .
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv
                    Also true Hey, how's that magic stomp? I've heard a lot of good stuff about them . . .
                    Still diggin' it...

[on-topic content]

...but the 12V wall wart is the biggest downside to the thing IMO.

[/on-topic content]
                    Originally posted by LesStrat
                    make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
                    My Music

Comment

I use a one spot with both of my pedalboards. I don't use a lot of effects, but this works well. I had to replace one because it started to hiss, but they covered it under warantee.
                      Get the guaranteed best price on Solid Body Electric Guitars like the Epiphone Limited Edition G-400 Custom with Gold Maestro Tremolo at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on...
                      "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

+1 to the onespot...this thing rocks. I power 5 pedals (including a huge Line6 DL4) and for about $35, it is awesome, and no wall wart.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

+1 for Godlyke if you're on a budget. No niose and it works with just about any pedal. Different adapters included. Same power suply used in rack gear = very quiet. Or if you can spend more then look at VoodooLabs or other highend solution.
                          GMP Pawnshop Deluxe - Custom Custom Bridge, 59n

Parker Fly, Ruby Red, 1996 H/H/P

Parker Nitefly SSH

THD Univalve with Avatar Cab

Bad Cat Mini Cat

Vox Valvetronix AD-60 1x12

"Thanks for comin out and...
                          KEEPIN THE SCENE ALIVE"

Comment

Ok, two questions, so ultimate tone preservation 9volt batteries are still the best? and will godlyke and spot one work for TS9 reissue and Bad Hoarsie I wah
                            by Morley?
                            Active Duty Rig:
                            MIA Lone Star Strat (HS-Fullshred/Tex-Special neck)
                            Warmoth Roads V/Kramer Neck (HS - Custom/Tex-Special neck)

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

the MKS pedalpad is also an option, I'm gonna get me one.

Comment

Working...
                              X