banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber BiasRite users, how the heck does this thing work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weber BiasRite users, how the heck does this thing work?

Originally posted by Scott_F
    His question still holds though, *can* you bias it to the right spot (34?) or do you have the bias pot maxed out in that direction?

If so, you might require a new resistor in that bias circuit.

Email Bogner if your'e in this situation.
    Unfortunately, I can only bias it to 27mA when the pot is maxed out. Looks like I'll be shooting Bogner an e-mail. Thanks for your help Scott!
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

I've asked Bogner before, and they say 35mA, although I think mine is around 36-37.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Alright, good update! I called up Bogner and got the rundown on where the bias resistor is and all I have to do is put in a slightly lower value (it's resistor R53 and I need to take out the 68k and put in a 50k).

I also learned something valuable today, always bias while playing your amp because it changes the readings a lot. Playing, looking at the bias meter, with the pot fully cranked, I got up to 36ma playing heavy chords (27ma when I just took it off standby, no playing), so maxed out, it's just about perfect.

Reinhold was a great guy, very down to earth and extremely helpful. Big props to that guy for explaining it all to me

The sound is so much better now that it's biased a lot hotter. The overdrive is more aggressive and has more harmonics, the cleans are warmer and fatter and since I have new tubes, the bass stays together. Overall, I'm really happy with the end result
        Originally posted by kevlar3000
        I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
        Originally posted by Zerberus
        Better is often the enemy of good
        Originally posted by ginormous
        Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Working...
        X