*(#%^@*!^*_!#

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *(#%^@*!^*_!#

Ugh, more GAS attacks... I've been having killer GAS for a Marshall Bluesbreaker/18 watt amp type thing for the past week and it's KILLING ME!! I didn't even get my Tweed amp yet!

Here's a link to some videos of the new Marshall Handwired series. I played the 1974X (the one that I was interested it) about 5 times but just got frustrated that it was too loud to crank up in the store.

The first vid is for the 1974X and the second is for the 2061X
    - BlueBurst Campellone Standard CSTM (Kent Armstrong Johnny Smith Mini HB n)
    - Pelham Blue Gibson DG-335 (Antiquity n/'78 b)
    - Goldtop Gibson R7 (Antiquity HBs)
    - Teal Green Metallic Fender '56 NOS Strat (Antiquity Surfers n&m/Antiquity Texas Hot Custom b)
    - Tungsten Buckwheat
    - Fender '57 Tweed Twin-Amp
    - Vintage Sound Amps VS112P (Princeton Reverb clone)
    - Henriksen JazzAmp 110

Re: *(#%^@*!^*_!#

Hold out for the Tweed...also, FWIW, the 18 watt Marshalls do not sound like a Bluesbreaker...nothing at all IMO. If you want a Bluesbreaker get one but don't get an 18 watter in search of the Bluesbreaker tone.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

What is the difference? I never played a Bluesbreaker amp. BTW, I am holding out for the Tweed. I just gotta wait for the reply email (and I'll probably harrass him a few times more with questions and specs) and for my financials to be ready.
      - BlueBurst Campellone Standard CSTM (Kent Armstrong Johnny Smith Mini HB n)
      - Pelham Blue Gibson DG-335 (Antiquity n/'78 b)
      - Goldtop Gibson R7 (Antiquity HBs)
      - Teal Green Metallic Fender '56 NOS Strat (Antiquity Surfers n&m/Antiquity Texas Hot Custom b)
      - Tungsten Buckwheat
      - Fender '57 Tweed Twin-Amp
      - Vintage Sound Amps VS112P (Princeton Reverb clone)
      - Henriksen JazzAmp 110

Comment

The 18 watters and the Bluesbreakers are really very different amps...everyone thinks that because that they can get an 18 watter and get the tone of a Bluesbreaker just not as loud...that could not be much further from the truth.
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Yeah the Bluesbreaker has a glassy top to it, and a really sweet clean when backed off.

The 18w is what I call a mini-Plexi sound. It has a lot of similar characteristics to a 50w only minaturized and easy to crank without a hot plate.
          1973 Les Paul Standard
          1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

Working...
          X