Lightning......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightning......

Do any of you guys use any sort of surge protection on your amps or are you like me and unplug everything at 1st word of storms? This is while at home of course.
    I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Re: Lightning......

If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

^^^ Seriously doofus!!! I am surprised you don't have a certain kind of wall plug that you swear produces better tone. LOL!!!

Comment

:fing25:
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
          :fing25:
          Buwhahahahahaha!!!

Comment

Always use surge protection. In the fire/burg industry, I'm always seeing damaged electronics due to lightning strikes, so I go out of my way to make sure I have proper protection.
            Originally posted by kevlar3000
            I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
            Originally posted by Zerberus
            Better is often the enemy of good
            Originally posted by ginormous
            Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

My houses wiring would burn in half if lightning struck this house... Anyway between the massive power conditioner with built in surge protection and circuit breakers, I think I'm covered.
              Carvin custom strat (P-Rails/hotrails/single - Tuned Eb) -> Pod XT - - 6505+ Halfstack

Comment

just a reliable trip circuit box, thats all it takes to protect
                Gibson Songwriter Deluxe
                Gibson 1959 reissue
                Gibson 1960 reissue
                Gibson EDS-1275

Freedom through the blood of Christ

Comment

AAhhhh, summertime in S. Florida....home of the raging afternoon lightning storm!!!

I plug my stuff into a power conditioner that's run to a surge protector...and I still unplug EVERYTHING when I'm not playing. I've just gotten into the habit of pulling the plug from the wall.

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
                  Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
                  FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
                  http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Originally posted by B Bent
                    ^^^ Seriously doofus!!! I am surprised you don't have a certain kind of wall plug that you swear produces better tone. LOL!!!
                    The world's largest online retailer of high-end audio, audiophile music, and accessories. We specialize in vinyl records and turntables.

The world's largest online retailer of high-end audio, audiophile music, and accessories. We specialize in vinyl records and turntables.

LOL?

Comment

$2750.00 for a power cord??????

HOLY CRAP !!!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
                      Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
                      FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
                      http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Originally posted by PUCKBOY99
                        AAhhhh, summertime in S. Florida....home of the raging afternoon lightning storm!!!

I plug my stuff into a power conditioner that's run to a surge protector...and I still unplug EVERYTHING when I'm not playing. I've just gotten into the habit of pulling the plug from the wall.
                        i'm pretty much the same way...
                        Originally posted by jeremy
                        God hates bad guitar tone
                        GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                        AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                        EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                        Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Originally posted by B Bent
                          or are you like me and unplug everything at 1st word of storms? This is while at home of course.
                          i'm like you. only i unplug all my stuff after i'm done using it.
                          Originally posted by kilphody
                          There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Comment

My amp usually stays unplugged until I'm ready to use it. The odds of me being home during a storm are rather small, and leaving it unplugged is cheaper (and more certain) than buying a good surge suppressor.
                            It's hard to be metal in girl pants.

My Gear

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

I have all 3 of my amps at home plugged into a power bar which is plugged directly into a wall outlet. When I am done playing I turn the power bar off. I have never had any issues with this.
                              "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                              "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Working...
                              X