banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend the best Fender amp to crank up and overdrive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend the best Fender amp to crank up and overdrive!

What do you think is the best Fender amp with classic fender cleans but sounds best overdiven/cranked?
    "So you will never have to listen to Serf music again" -Jello Biafra

Re: Recommend the best Fender amp to crank up and overdrive!

Try out the Supersonic. Some people like 'em. Kinda pricey though. It's built for classic cleans with a modern gain channel.
    Myspace,GoodbyeJune Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by beggar_guitar
      Try out the Supersonic. Some people like 'em. Kinda pricey though. It's built for classic cleans with a modern gain channel.
      Pffft.
      sorry, that amp just looks like another one of the Gimick amps Fender's been making recently. I want the vintage natural crunch overdrive from the clean channel

Comment

If you're talking about cranked power stage overdrive, I'd say the Deluxe Reverb, Tweed Deluxe, and Pro Reverb. If you want modern features like channel switching, higher gain, cleans, and 1/4 power switch, look at all the amps in the Pro Tube Series, like the Supersonic, Twin, Pro, and Concert.

Most of the Vintage Series and Custom shops are built for stellar clean tones.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Doesn't have too much clean headroom, but nothing drives like a Champ.

Comment

Originally posted by britishgeetah
            Pffft.
            sorry, that amp just looks like another one of the Gimick amps Fender's been making recently. I want the vintage natural crunch overdrive from the clean channel
            no way buddy, that amp's the real deal

only thing is i really don't like too many blackface amps IMO the tweed, blonde, and brown are where it's at. If the supersonic had a '62 bassman & '62 vibrolux as the vintage channels i would own one. I love the burn channel, too

Anyhoo, as far as great cleans that crank into great OD, i'm gonna say... '59 bassman, '62 vibrolux, DRRI, tweed deluxe, aaaand HR deville 4x10's get pretty good tones too, i'm really diggin em right now
            Originally posted by gibson175
            metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

describe with great, distinguished detail, the overdiven tone from a Fender...

THX for the info DHE ^

I'm sorry.
              Last edited by britishgeetah; 06-25-2006, 10:02 PM.

Comment

As far as Fender overdrives go, my favorite come from the Tweed '59 Bassman and Tweed Twin. They have nice fat cleans, with not as much sparkle as blackfaces, but still with all the Fender character, and a nice crunchy overdrive that is almost Marshall-like in character, but still retains it's own vibe.
                The G.B. Kirch Band on Facebook!
                And Here on Bandcamp!
                Crankin' a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Strat into a Crate V32, in an attempt to deafen those who don't enjoy good ol' fashioned blues and rock n' roll

Comment

what do you guys think of those Bassman reissues?

Comment

DHE*

and it depends, for tweed imagine a marshall with more highs, lows, and less mids, with a little more punch to it

for blackface, most of them are the real sweet kinda chimey light OD's, SRV is a good example

for brown/blonde, well, take out some of the mids of the tweed & some of the punch, aaand add some more highs. Smoother overall tone than a tweed (not in EQ but in texture)

Comment

and the bassman reissue is a ****in amazing amp

Comment

Tweed Bassman amps are where its at for me. The RI's are pretty good, especially the ones with alnico speakers. Be warned though, even though the tweeds are only 45 watts, they get stupid loud when you push them into overrive.

For realistic situations, I much preffer the new Supersonic, which like Drew said, is in fact the real deal.
                        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by britishgeetah
                          what do you guys think of those Bassman reissues?
                          Great amp.

Comment

I gotta go with what I know, which means the Deluxe Reverb would be my pick. Once the tubes get warmed up the amp can be overdriven with a pedal, or if you're in a big enough room you could start cranking the amp up past 4 and wait for the butter to start melting. Classic stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by drew_half_empty
                              and the bassman reissue is a ****in amazing amp

I have to agree with you there... I cranked up one at guitar center with my LP into it and it sounded ****ing amazing. Best tone I've ever got so far.

And it was a relic one too, so that made it better.
                              Carvin custom strat (P-Rails/hotrails/single - Tuned Eb) -> Pod XT - - 6505+ Halfstack

Comment

Working...
                              X