From no fx at all to boss gt-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From no fx at all to boss gt-8

Playing for years on koch and/or engl tube heads and 4x12" with just a tuner between guitar and amp(sometimes a wah pedal). I got kinda tired of having basicly one good clean and one good cranked sound. A good tone indeed, but it somewhat got limiting in ,say, song writing, and basicly I wanted options.
    So I got the gt-8 and got a good price for my fireball head. Taking the gt-8 home I instantly was satisfyed with it, running it through headphones and the lovely little microcube. Both sounded good, and now I wonder how I am arrange myself using the gt-8 with my band in rehearsalroom and on small stages... I am thinkin: -crate powerblock and 4x12" ?
    -Our p.a system(active fullrange speakers)
    -Getting a cheap, powerfull rack poweramp(p.a)
    and two 15" fullrange speakers?

Any tips?

Re: From no fx at all to boss gt-8

Originally posted by Nick Welfare
    Playing for years on koch and/or engl tube heads and 4x12" with just a tuner between guitar and amp(sometimes a wah pedal). I got kinda tired of having basicly one good clean and one good cranked sound. A good tone indeed, but it somewhat got limiting in ,say, song writing, and basicly I wanted options. So I got the gt-8 and got a good price for my fireball head. Taking the gt-8 home I instantly was satisfyed with it, running it through headphones and the lovely little microcube. Both sounded good, and now I wonder how I am arrange myself using the gt-8 with my band in rehearsalroom and on small stages... I am thinkin: -crate powerblock and 4x12" ? -Our p.a system(active fullrange speakers) -Getting a cheap, powerfull rack poweramp(p.a) and two 15" fullrange speakers? Any
    tips?
    The GT-8 has amp modelling. Try it through the PA first, you may like it. If not, I would say run through an amp on banks that do no amp modelling. But that's just me. I got an ME-50 because i absolutely hate amp modelling. GT-8 is nice though, a friend of mine bought one and loved it (but hated it when running it into an amp with, guess what, amp modelling).
    My Music Page
    Originally posted by vinterland
    I don't know how he made his guitar sound like a carnival ride but he managed to.
    Gear: Hot-Rodded ESP LTD EC-100QM; 1972 Fender Twin Reverb; Boss ME-50 Multieffects Board; Ovation Celebrity Custom CS247; Ibanez RX240 two classic stacks and a JB trembucker <- next project

Comment

Re: From no fx at all to boss gt-8

if you are really taken with the modelling (including speaker cab modelling), then i think a powered full range cab (like the mackie or the JBL EON2) would be great sound quality, more than enough volume, and a good simple approach

t4d
      gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Working...
      X