SD SFX-03 vs. VS Jeckyll & Hyde?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD SFX-03 vs. VS Jeckyll & Hyde?

Has anyone A/B'ed these two pedals? I have the J&H, and I'm wondering how it compares to the SFX-03. I'm using a Strat and a Blues Junior, and I love the simplicity of an amp set clean (or fairly clean) and a 2-channel pedal for 2 different gain sounds.

Hopefully I'll see one on my next trip to Guitar Center; no local store has any in stock (that I've seen so far). Thanks.

Re: SD SFX-03 vs. VS Jeckyll & Hyde?

I never used a J&H,But I own a SFX-03. Best way to discribe it is that it's in a class of it's own. My Guess? It will blow the J&H outta the water.
    http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

i have an sfx 03 that i play with a tele and a tweed bj and i love it. never heard the j&h, but the twin tube fits my style good. i get some good od tones with rythm channel, and the lead channel takes off where the rythm channel stops.

Comment

Thanks. Anyone have both?

Comment

Considering the rig you use.. I feel that a SFX-03 will be what you want rather than a JnH..

I had some experience with it and it can be on the modern side of things.

Comment

ive used both. the j&h is cool, the tubescreamer side is great. really great. i think its one of the best ts clones out there. the other side is ok but too noisy for me. used to have one, got rid of it and now i have a rt66. same ts but a compressor instead of the high gain. i dont really use the compressor much but it sounds decent.
            the sfx3 is better as far as im concerned. i dont think the rhythm is as nice as the tubescreamer side but both settings are better than the high gain on the visual sound. the sfx has less personality but thats usually a good thing especially if you have a good sounding rig. the gain on the lead channel is very nice.

Comment

Working...
            X