Pedal Delima Solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal Delima Solved

Was going to order a 10th Anniversary Fulltone Fulldrive 2 pedal, but I figured that it would be boring because I always get natural overdrive from my Gibson GA5 due to its lower wattage and at lower volumes from my Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz and just use an OCD for more overdrive tones as well. In other words, I felt like I had enough distortion to keep we occupied for a while. So I went crazy trying to decide what pedal to get. There were so many I had considered. Electro Harmonix The Wiggler, HBE Psilocybe, Keeley Katana Clean Boost, Analogman BiChorus, Barber Tone Press....and the list goes on and on.

I decided to go with the Fulltone mini Deja Vibe which is a univibe clone that my guitar teacher told me to get. I ordered it yesterday, but the weekend and the 4th of July is going to delay it til wednesday instead of probably monday. I didn't get to try it out, but I really like the univibe phaser type sound. Its like phaser, but its not. I love that Hendrix tone you can get out of one. I cant wait til it arrives. It will be the first boutique modulation pedal that I would own.
    - BlueBurst Campellone Standard CSTM (Kent Armstrong Johnny Smith Mini HB n)
    - Pelham Blue Gibson DG-335 (Antiquity n/'78 b)
    - Goldtop Gibson R7 (Antiquity HBs)
    - Teal Green Metallic Fender '56 NOS Strat (Antiquity Surfers n&m/Antiquity Texas Hot Custom b)
    - Tungsten Buckwheat
    - Fender '57 Tweed Twin-Amp
    - Vintage Sound Amps VS112P (Princeton Reverb clone)
    - Henriksen JazzAmp 110

Re: Pedal Delima Solved

Just got the Mini Deja Vibe in and so far I'm very impressed. Its more of a phaser sound than I thought it would be, but I'm new to the Uni Vibe sound. Truely amazing from clean and it can go from a slight shimmering warble to full blown underwater tones, doing them all perfectly. Although Gilmour didn't use one (if he did, I am unaware of it), this pedal is essential for pink floyd. Have a Cigar, and not to mention it sounds awesome with Time, Breathe, Us and Them, Hey You and other clean floyd songs. I havent tried the Deja Vibe with distortion yet, I will try it today though. I also like how the speed knob is fairly large so you can control it with your foot during a song. And the addition of the vibrato setting is cool too and the vintage/modern switch comes in handy (modern has slightly more presence, volume and headroom). The Speed LED (lights up to the speed of the effect) is very useful too. And its greatest feature is its size. I thought the thing would be huge, but it is actually really small for what it is.

The deja vibe came with a 9 volt adapter (i dont think it can run on batteries) and it did not work. I tried it with my Dunlop power supply which powers my wah pedal and it was fine. So I'm going to call Fulltone today and hopefully send this one back and get a new one. I hope to get a Dunlop Power Brick soon, but its kinda expensive. I really need it because those 9 volt adapters take up 2 spaces on the power strip (which is really really stupid) and I only have room for 2 powered pedals + my amp on the power strip (and I got 4 pedals on that rig).
    - BlueBurst Campellone Standard CSTM (Kent Armstrong Johnny Smith Mini HB n)
    - Pelham Blue Gibson DG-335 (Antiquity n/'78 b)
    - Goldtop Gibson R7 (Antiquity HBs)
    - Teal Green Metallic Fender '56 NOS Strat (Antiquity Surfers n&m/Antiquity Texas Hot Custom b)
    - Tungsten Buckwheat
    - Fender '57 Tweed Twin-Amp
    - Vintage Sound Amps VS112P (Princeton Reverb clone)
    - Henriksen JazzAmp 110

Comment

Working...
    X