Fu Manchu Fuzz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fu Manchu Fuzz?

How can i get this type of fuzz? Would a Zvex fuzz factory be able to mimic the sound with one of its settings? Any other pedals?
    Originally posted by BeanDip
    No one that I know of has tested the tonal properties of pecan, so I figured why the hell not?

^^^I don't feel so safe

My Stuff-

Hofner 1960 V3
    Belman double cutaway Grand
    Peavey classic 30 (with wheels)

Re: Fu Manchu Fuzz?

One of them uses a Crown Fuzz-Wah, the other uses a re-issue Fuzz Face.

The Crown is a variation of a Shin-Ei fuzz.

You can probably get a similar sound to the Crown by running a Fuzz Face before a wah, though I haven't tried it myself.
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

That was the old setup. The dude who used the Fuzz Face had an SG with a CC, and the other had a Jaguar with a Hot Rails. Since around the turn of the century, they've been using reissue Dan Armstrongs with Hot Rails straight into Marshall JCM2000s (according to an approx 5 yr old GP interview).
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
        Since around the turn of the century, they've been using reissue Dan Armstrongs with Hot Rails straight into Marshall JCM2000s (according to an approx 5 yr old GP interview).
        Yea, about two years ago I saw them live at House of Blues and that's exactly what they were playing. The only pedal I recall for sure was a phase 90 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by TattooedCarrot
          Yea, about two years ago I saw them live at House of Blues and that's exactly what they were playing. The only pedal I recall for sure was a phase 90 I believe.
          Normally it's a Phase 100
          || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

All bands should do this.
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Yep this is proof why I like the Eddie Glass, Scott Hill, Ruben Romano, Mark Abshire/Brad Davis lineup

Comment

Because of the clear guitars?

Comment

Actually I think the sound of the lead channel maxed on a DSL100 is an awesome fuzz tone. It sounds just like Fu. It holds together for rhythm but it's still pretty nasty.

Comment

Working...
                  X