My amp is picking up radio-WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My amp is picking up radio-WTF?

My amp was picking up the keyboard player in the next rehearsal room the other day! He had his keyboards set up right next to the same wall that i was set up next to, and whenever i had my lead channel switched on and guitar volume turned up his i could hear everything he was playing quite clearly...i tried jamming along to it!

I was thinking it could have been the pickups though since i could control the volume of the keyboards coming out of my amp with my guitar volume knob...hmmmmm
    My Soundclick page.

Comment

In my classic 50's case i pickup radio stations sometimes when the power and standby is on but nothing plugged into the amp..... strange stuff...

Comment

I pick up stations every now and then but only when my guitar is plugged in. And its not the cable or the amp because I've swapped those to see if it made a difference. I think it was the single coils.
        Originally posted by grumptruck
        I always think of man bulge
        "How 'bout are you willin' to make the commitment, wakin' up, goin' okay, it's gig time, what t-shirt am I gonna wear?"-Tenacious D

Comment

Its only happened to me once when I was using my friends fuzz wah and this old crappy 60s or 70s era cable of my dads. We got the local NPR station so we sat around and listened to car talk for a while before we started swapping cables and made it go away.
          Originally posted by ratherdashing
          If inviting 200 drunken strangers to your parents house is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Comment

Working...
          X