Ever have one of those nights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever have one of those nights?

Ever have one of those nights when your tone just makes you grin from ear to ear and you just don't ever want to stop playing it sounds so good? After my 18 watt warms up for about 30 minutes the tone is just to die for, especially with my OCD with an 18 volt power supply. My God, I love tube amps!
    Last edited by JumpMarine; 07-07-2006, 11:06 PM.
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Re: Ever have one of those nights?

my ash tele with Antiquities cranked thru my tweed Deluxe sounded nasty last night
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

I've had this same scenario with my 50 watt Marshall...
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Yep, every day. There's a reason why I'm not straying from my formula This past year I've been absolutely content with my tone, it gives me a satisfaction that no other tone has ever given me.
        Originally posted by kevlar3000
        I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
        Originally posted by Zerberus
        Better is often the enemy of good
        Originally posted by ginormous
        Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

If my gibson had a hotter bridge, I'd be in great shape. Till then my rickenbacker is doing a wonderful job through my amp.

Clean, tight, focused, singing mids, and still even under gain it sounds like a ric.
          Carvin custom strat (P-Rails/hotrails/single - Tuned Eb) -> Pod XT - - 6505+ Halfstack

Comment

WAIT! What difference to the tone the does an 18v give to the OCD?
            1973 Les Paul Standard
            1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

18 volt= more low end, more dynamics, even more amp-like reaction on volume changes
              Last edited by JumpMarine; 07-08-2006, 07:35 PM.
              '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Just had one of those nights!!!!!!!!!
                GUITARS
                STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
                AMPS
                Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

Yes, great tone additions from guitars, effects, and amps make for easily enjoyable playing. It get's that chersire cat grin from ear to ear.

Just as bad equipment - puts a damper on wanting to play.

HOWEVER, I still maintain that tone, phasing, and taste come from the player's finger (Both hands), just enhanced by good equipment.
                  Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
                  When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
                  Red Devils - 1% all the way!
                  Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
                  Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

yes yes
                    but i think the better your tone is, which is very subjective, the more you can relax and just play. i know if im diggin the tone im getting i play much better, i even phrase things better

Comment

I always wondered what that's like. Now I'm glad I finally know what it's like. I've been doing the cheshire cat thing hard core with the Edana. Especially when she's had 30 minutes to an hour to get those tubes hot. Seems that the more I play her the better she sounds.

Comment

Every time I fire up the IIC+. Lots of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by JumpMarine
                          Ever have one of those nights when your tone just makes you grin from ear to ear and you just don't ever want to stop playing it sounds so good? After my 18 watt warms up for about 30 minutes the tone is just to die for, especially with my OCD with an 18 volt power supply. My God, I love tube amps!
                          Yeah. I hadn't played for about 3 days (because every time I pick up my starters guitar.. a rip off strat that feels like dirt) and today I just decided to play. So I let my amp warm up for about 10 minutes for making lunch. I decided to turn the volume all the way up and the master down a little (which I usually do the opposite as the tone is a bit fatter) but.. the fatness was for once retained, as well as the distortion.

Brown-sound (almost) FTW!
                          Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
                          I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
                          Andrew - None

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
                            yes yes
                            but i think the better your tone is, which is very subjective, the more you can relax and just play. i know if im diggin the tone im getting i play much better, i even phrase things better
                            I agree with you 100%! I've seen it in my buddy's playing and mine when the tone is good, the playing is even better than on nights when the tone is off.

Comment

I've had the opposite nights as well.....
                              Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                              https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                              Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Working...
                              X