banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G12H30/G12M.....I finally found my tone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G12H30/G12M.....I finally found my tone!

I got to put the combo to the test today(got the Greenback from Puckboy yesterday) and all I can say is WOW! It's as if this combo was made just for my 18 watter. Great lows, warm and throaty mids and smooth/creamy highs. I'm not noticing as much speaker break up as I had expected, but I'm not complaining. Wish that I had tried this combo long ago. Who else is running these speakers?

Speaker combo's I'd tried with the 18 watt TMB:
    V30/V30**Too much of one thing...a good thing, but not complex enough**
    Texas Heat/V30**This sounded really good, but just wasn't right**
    G12H30(Hellatone 30)/V30**This was the second best combo, but I didn't like the highs that I was getting with the V30**
    Swamp Thang/G12h30(Hellatone 30)**This was not by choice, but by neccesity since I sold that last V30. It sounded pretty good, but you couldn't hear the G12H30**
    G12H30/G12M******THE BIG WINNER******
    Last edited by JumpMarine; 07-09-2006, 10:31 PM.
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Re: G12H30/G12M.....I finally found my tone!

Thanks for the review, because not many people get to hear that many good combinations. I tend to use Vin 30's, because they sound right to me, but the Greenback/H30 sounds intriguing.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I have also used this combination several years ago. Nice vibe to it...

However!

I am currently using three different setup with different speaker combinations to reach for the stars.

Current favorite is 12-inch Weber's silver bell and blue bell mixed in an open cabinet.

Followed by a half-breed cabinet (Open with sound enhancer and closed back)

I have tried 2X10 plus 2X10, but have changed to 2X10 closed plus 2X12 open back, with and without the sound enhancer.

Note that the sound enhancer really does work, but it is making my choice of cabinet mixes that much more complex.

All the 10 inch speakers are Webers and the 12 inch are being mixed as we write from Webers, Jensens, and Celestion. (God - I hope I get this figured out before my ears bleed dry).

I am complying sound bytes of each, so hold in there!
      Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
      When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
      Red Devils - 1% all the way!
      Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
      Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Yeah, I'm planning on going back to the classic GB in my 4x12 I've been thinking. It's the quintessential rock and blues speaker. It's very nicely voiced, with no major spikes or scoops. It's not so much power handling that it can't give you some smooth breakup, and it's not so loud that you can't gig your 50 watt amp anymore. It works great mixxed with the G12H too. The G12H has the deeper low end, and the GB has the woody warmth.

Comment

Working...
        X