Fender's Doing Something Right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender's Doing Something Right

To expand the newly updated pro series with the Super Sonic amps (which are really great amps), they just released the Princeton Recording amp, traditional Princeton Reverb tone with a low amout of knobs, with an added built in attenuator, compressor and seperate overdrive circuit (probably based off of a Tube Screamer). It looks really promising and is 20 watts through a Jensen C-10 speaker (not the best, but its way better than the special design fender eminence crap speakers).

Discover the sound of Fender, the spirit of rock-n-roll since 1946. Shop Fender guitars, basses, amplifiers, audio equipment, accessories, apparel and more.

They also released a Pro Junior with the old woodie cosmetics and a version of the G-DEC for Bass (the B-DEC) and a larger version of the G-DEC called the G-DEC 30 with more knobs and stuff. They also released two solid state amps and some guitars, the new classic 60s guitar looks cool. So just check out the fender site for updates.
    - BlueBurst Campellone Standard CSTM (Kent Armstrong Johnny Smith Mini HB n)
    - Pelham Blue Gibson DG-335 (Antiquity n/'78 b)
    - Goldtop Gibson R7 (Antiquity HBs)
    - Teal Green Metallic Fender '56 NOS Strat (Antiquity Surfers n&m/Antiquity Texas Hot Custom b)
    - Tungsten Buckwheat
    - Fender '57 Tweed Twin-Amp
    - Vintage Sound Amps VS112P (Princeton Reverb clone)
    - Henriksen JazzAmp 110

Re: Fender's Doing Something Right

Thanks for the info. Sounds promising. I like the extra features. Might need a speaker upgrade, though.

I think the new fenders sound pretty good. I don't think an amp needs to be thrown down a flight of stairs a few times and left in dark corner of a musty garage for 20 years to really sound vintage. I'll be trying out one of those.
    GMP Pawnshop Deluxe - Custom Custom Bridge, 59n

Parker Fly, Ruby Red, 1996 H/H/P

Parker Nitefly SSH

THD Univalve with Avatar Cab

Bad Cat Mini Cat

Vox Valvetronix AD-60 1x12

"Thanks for comin out and...
    KEEPIN THE SCENE ALIVE"

Comment

i bought a fender tweed blues junior with the jensen in it, and i like it a lot. its not the reliced one just shiny new lacquered tweed.

Comment

Now if only it didn't have all that other junk on it it would probably appeal to me more. However, I can't say anything until I try one. Traditionally I just like Fenders to be ultra plain and simple (in the circuit that is).
        I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

Looks pretty cool, but a kilobuck is just a little too rich for my blood. Interesting product though.

Comment

I have one problem with fender amps. PRICE.
            "So you'll never have to listen to surf music again." -Hendrix

Comment

Looks interesting

Awesome that they added the attenuator - though for me I have hot plates.

I will admit, I tried the Super Sonic combo again, and while I would not spend that amount, The clean channels are GREAT, and the Gain is VERRRY usable (not my first choice).
              1973 Les Paul Standard
              1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

Working...
              X