strange plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange plugs

i recently got a gorilla gg-25 (killer 50 watt amp for free!) and it plugs into the wall with a regular ac plug. but it also has a strange 12v dc plug in the back. like the kind you would find on a cell phone. does anyone have any clue why an amp would have this kind of plug on it? my only guess is that i could put a car adapter on it or something... do many other amps have car adapters?
    Originally posted by LSP
    I think the important question is... Can I ban or at least ignore myself?

Re: strange plugs

Is it so you can use a jumper cord to power a pedal or do you think you can also power it with a wall wart?

Comment

it doesnt say if the current is going in or out... and i can't seem to find a plug around the house that fits it. i was kind of hoping someone else knew... maybe one of those guys with a few more stars...

or not...
      Originally posted by LSP

Comment

Try asking them.

http://www.pignoseamps.com/?disp=pg&id=about

Comment

I tried e-mailing them but the only thing i got from them was that my amp went out of production in '86 and that the plug is a 12V DC plug.

...that was the most unhelpful customer service associate that i have ever spoken to...

NOT COOL!!!
          Originally posted by LSP

Comment

Well, the car outlet is 12 volts, so I'd be almost positive that it's a car adapter receptacle.

Comment

IT is reasonable........

kinda, who needs a car adapter for an amp? I'm gonna search the net for some cords and try to see the ends of them.

maybe i can play highway to hell while i drive with my knees, eat a donut and drink my coffee.

at least it isnt a cell phone!
              Originally posted by LSP

Comment

Originally posted by kneadmomunny
                who needs a car adapter for an amp?
                Going camping, traveling businessman, garage band driving 4 hours for a 1/2 hour gig...There have been a few amps and Rockman type devices marketed for the traveler that way. I seem to vaguely remember a Gorilla ad in an old guitar rag like that.

Comment

Working...
                X