Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: namm: Ernie Ball Wah???

Originally posted by joelap
    Are you saying that the EB volume pedal gear control-thing will give more change on a potentiometer than, say, a Vox 847 will? Therefore, putting an 847 circuit into an EB volume pedal will give more drastic toe down and toe up tones?

If so... I'm grabbing an EB volume soon!
    Well kinda. Some people have put wah guts into ernie ball pedals but it requires some modding to do so. Have you ever messed around with the pot in your wah? If you have, you'll notice that the actual range for the wah effect is rather small so with a large degree of travel like on eb volume pedals (18 degrees as opposed to 6-8 on normal wahs) you will probably have dead spots on both ends. I think what they do is use larger pots with wider tapers. But...save yourself the hassle and get one of these

Now with my rackwah, that is different because the design is specifically made to use the volume pedals and there is no pot.

mJ
    EMB Audio Remote and Pedal Wahs: www.facebook.com/EMBaudio

Comment

Ok, when do these go on sale? Where can I get one? How much will they cost?

Comment

street time is said to be about 4 months but I haven't heard of a price just yet.

mJ

Comment

No controls or switches to alter the tone or whatever?
          Guitars: EBMM Silhouette Special / G&L ASAT Special / ESP Horizon / Squier MIJ Strat / Squier Aff. Strat / Furch S23-CR / Taylor Baby
          Basses: Cort NTL-BFL acoustic fretless / Ellio Martina Forza 5 / Fender MIJ '75 RI Jazz / G&L SB-2 / Ibanez MC924 / Ibanez ATK300 (2x) / Ibanez ATK305 / Italia Torino / Longbow 2-string / Rickenbacker 4003 / Sandberg Bullet 5 fretless

Comment

I dunno...since these are brand new, who knows what will change (if anything) once the production ones roll out.
            mJ

Comment

Originally posted by Jeroen
              No controls or switches to alter the tone or whatever?
              Who cares. Some of the best ways have an on/off switch. That's all I need.

Comment

According to EBMM, the new Wah pedal will hit stores in Dec. Just in time for Christmas!
                Not a 5150 Kramer, but a 5149 1/2 Shamer
                www.bigmouthbetty.com

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH
                  Who cares. Some of the best ways have an on/off switch. That's all I need.
                  I like to personalize my settings.
                  Note: I used to have a Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby from Hell, which is tweakable beyond belief
                  Guitars: EBMM Silhouette Special / G&L ASAT Special / ESP Horizon / Squier MIJ Strat / Squier Aff. Strat / Furch S23-CR / Taylor Baby
                  Basses: Cort NTL-BFL acoustic fretless / Ellio Martina Forza 5 / Fender MIJ '75 RI Jazz / G&L SB-2 / Ibanez MC924 / Ibanez ATK300 (2x) / Ibanez ATK305 / Italia Torino / Longbow 2-string / Rickenbacker 4003 / Sandberg Bullet 5 fretless

Comment

Working...
                  X