Analog Reverb for Laney AOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analog Reverb for Laney AOR

As most of you know this monster does not have a build in reverb. So, what would be a goog pure analog reverb pedal(stombox) or rack, idealy stompbox, for
    Classic/Power metal, I like the reverb sound of Savatage, EdGuy, White Lion, Uli Roth, Blackmore(especially early Rainbow), Iron Maiden's Wasted Years. Thanks.
    Can a reverb be a Tube-reverb ??? I remeber somebody said here that Vox uset to make a Wah pedal with a tube in it. Thanks.
    Active Duty Rig:
    MIA Lone Star Strat (HS-Fullshred/Tex-Special neck)
    Warmoth Roads V/Kramer Neck (HS - Custom/Tex-Special neck)

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Re: Analog Reverb for Laney AOR

Christ, the thing is the size of the freaking real tube head .... Is that good for such size and price ... 500 buck, that more then I payed for my Laney .... I don't know .... Thanks for the link, any other ideas ???
    Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

Is Fender still making the reissue tube reverb? I think of the Fender standalone reverb as more the surf/**** Dale sound than those you listed.

Electro Harmonix makes a reverb - the Holy Grail? I think that has a tube in it, but I think the reverb is digital, rather than springs.

Look on eBay for old spring reverb units. Tapco stereo reverbs don't cost much, they were a PA-oriented product but would work for guitar. Indestructible, too. Also look for old Univox reverbs: guitar-amp-head looking things, but smaller. Search eBay - I see a lot of weird old spring reverb units from the 60's and 70's.

Edit: Here's a Tapco and here's a Fender resissue. Sorry, no Univox this week.
      Last edited by Rich_S; 07-17-2006, 09:10 PM.
      Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
      Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Rich_S,
        Thanks, so this it, heard a lot about this thing.
        Get the guaranteed best price on Solid Body Electric Guitars like the Godin Freeway SA Electric Guitar at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

This is analog, but not tube right ?
        Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

It's not analog, But the Line 6 verbzilla is what I use with my JCM 800 2204 clone. I tried many Digital Verbs & Delay and none could achive the sound I wanted. The Verbzilla is very warm and organic sounding IMO. I had a sound clip up of me trying to nail David Glimours `Time' solo tone with the verbzilla.
          I'll repost it if you would like?
          http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

I just love that wormth of analog/tube I have an all tube Laney, a tubescreamer,
            and looking around for nice analog chorus/flange, i just don't think digital element will work here, is that fender 63 that good? and how holy grails is rated then if it has a tube but digital reverb(what are those springs) digital or analog,
            or is it like those amps with digital pre-amp and tube amp?
            Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

The EH Holy Grail is one of those pedals I'm glad I have. Normally, I use it mixed in subtly in the FX loop of my Bogner head, and it really sounds about as good as a real spring reverb. I've also used it to bridge the bright and normal inputs on bassmans and plexi 4 input amps. Then, I can use the normal volume to mix in reverb and more bottom end. It's one of the few pedals that sounds good plugged right into the front of an amp. I like it best in the loop. A very useful pedal to have.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Hey GJer, Did you ever get to A/B the HG with the Verbzilla? Curious minds wanna know?
                http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Gearjoneser
                  Thanks man, but it is a digital reverb in the end right ?
                  Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

I think the Danelectro Spring King is an actual spring tank reverb. If it's not, it still has an all analog signal path. Those get pretty good reviews, and they go for about $150 brand new.

Alternates to that Guyatone ($500) I listed, for fun, include a Soldano spring tank reverb ($600), and the Fender '63 reissue ($400). But the Dano might be the one you're looking for.
                    Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

baritone
                      Dude you are a savior, I just listened to Danelectro Spring Kingsamples on MF its AWESOME its definately on my list I could hear the monsterosity of chorussed overdriven riffage with that Laney AOR touch, that's it, and it as analog warm as diper on baby's ass. Thanks man, problem solved.
                      Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

Noooooooo ! It has no tubes in it, how could you ever live with yourself if you bought that ?
                        I've been driving all night, my hands wet on the wheel.

Comment

I never heard of anyone refering to a reverb pedal as "analog." I thought it was either like the spring kind with tubes in it or digital... Maybe I'm not exactly sure what analog means.

I heard good things about the Danelectro Spring King, but the Holy Grail is so so good and it's not your average digital reverb. And of course, all those Tube Reverb units (Fender, Guyatone and other boutique brands like Clark) are awesome but so expensive. They are really different from a normal reverb pedal, they give your amp a whole different feel and really liven up the sound. It's hard to explain, but they are really really sweet.
                          - BlueBurst Campellone Standard CSTM (Kent Armstrong Johnny Smith Mini HB n)
                          - Pelham Blue Gibson DG-335 (Antiquity n/'78 b)
                          - Goldtop Gibson R7 (Antiquity HBs)
                          - Teal Green Metallic Fender '56 NOS Strat (Antiquity Surfers n&m/Antiquity Texas Hot Custom b)
                          - Tungsten Buckwheat
                          - Fender '57 Tweed Twin-Amp
                          - Vintage Sound Amps VS112P (Princeton Reverb clone)
                          - Henriksen JazzAmp 110

Comment

Danelectro Spring King is not tube but it ain't DIGITAL right??? all i care about if that's an analog, I mean it sounded really sweet, someday I will get guytone or Fender 63 but for now Spring King has what it takes for me. Can you guys elaborate for moranic me, what exactly is "spring" reverb technology
                            Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

Some crappy mp3's are good enough to run after a pedal ? Oh well, as long as you can say it "ain't" digital, somebody like you should be safe.

What happened to trying out stuff instead of reading about it before buying ? Ah yes, internet ..
                              I've been driving all night, my hands wet on the wheel.

Comment

Working...
                              X