Most overlooked type of pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most overlooked type of pedal

My vote goes to the EQ pedal. I have simple setup to carry around with me to just jam with folks and the EQ pedal always gets packed. I was simply stunned at the quietness of the Danelectro Fish and Chips. I had tried other EQs but they all seemed to add too much hiss. The Fish and Chips does a great job plus they're cheap too.

Re: Most overlooked type of pedal

I would say a good chorus or a good compressor bc either one can sweeten up your sound so it balances well, esp when playing pop leads or rhythm from hip hop to rock styles.
    1973 Les Paul Standard
    1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

EQ pedal all the way!
      In front of an amp it can drastically change the character of your guitar, and in the effects loop it can drastically change the character of your amp!
      Definitely a must for tweakers!

Comment

Originally posted by bulb
        EQ pedal all the way!
        In front of an amp it can drastically change the character of your guitar, and in the effects loop it can drastically change the character of your amp!
        Definitely a must for tweakers!
        People would be very surprised to learn how much they can make one guitar sound very similar to another just by tweaking an EQ. I can make my strat sound similar to a tele with the exception of the woody hollowness you get from the tele.

And I can fatten up the strat to sound similar to an LP.

When I learned the value of an EQ before the amp I bought myself a midi controlled programmable parametric/24 band EQ for the main rig. Now I can change the sound of any guitar with a stomp of the foot and don't have to worry as much about other pedals.

Comment

The Flanger. Modern Rock has pretty much ruined it but I think with a little bit of time it can be used "tastefully" again.

Comment

Working...
          X