need advice on picking a new pedal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice on picking a new pedal.

i am planning on buying a new effect of some type just to mess around with. the problem is none of the stores near me carry anything but distortions and overdrives. any info anybody can give me on any of these pedals will help out alot. i don't have alot of money to buy a high end pedal so its between these.
    1. rocktron short time delay. i do use delay sometimes.
    2. a chorus of some type probably a rocktron. i have had a few chorus pedals and used them alot.
    3. mxr blue box. seems like it would be a cool little noise maker.
    4. rocktron vertigo vibe. i have wanted a vibe pedal for some time now but cant afford a fulltone or voodoo lab.

Re: need advice on picking a new pedal.

I am not going to answer your question exactly, but i am suggesting that you save up and buy the pedal that you really want. That fulltone vibe maybe or something else which at the time you can't afford. I think that way you ll be happier!
    Originally posted by Marinblues
    Remember: "Good" is what sounds good to you...everything else is marketing.

Comment

Re: need advice on picking a new pedal.

The applications of the Blue Box are somewhat limited as it is a "noise maker" so I'd maybe leave that as an impulse buy when you've got a bit more money. The Rocktron Deep Blue Chorus is always a good choice seeing as it's a killer sounding pedal. You can add the Short Timer to that because I've heard nothing but good things about it. The Vibe is, eh, I dunno, a little like the Blue Box as the applications maybe somewhat limited...

...anyway, I'd go with the chorus.

Comment

Working...
      X