Amp Settings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp Settings...

Alright. Well. I have a Traynor Blue amp. I've had it a little while. Im really really bad with tube amps. I have no idea where to set the volume for a good classic rocky/bluesy grit gain setting on this amp. Also some EQ settings if anyone has them. Or an Idea..

The tones im looking for namely are of someone's who's tone I really love right now, Warren Haynes (as well, the Allman Bros, which I liked before but has suddenly started making me crave that bluesy tone). Now I know hes got a Gibson Les Paul, and a Soldano amp, but hes certainly not running the Soldano's on max, and I can live with the tonal difference (as I like how bright my amp is).

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

And.. this song I just love

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by TimmyPage; 07-22-2006, 12:03 AM.
    Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
    I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
    Andrew - None

Re: Amp Settings...

iunno about those guys, but i usually run my amp with the channel volumes on 5 the master is just what environment youre in, small room, can go up to 5 but at night when people are sleeping i put it on 2 or 3. (< doesnt matter though)

so both channel volume on 5

OD settings i have : gain: 7, treble: 6, bass:9, mid: 7
    Clean settings : treble: 5, bass: 9. mid: 3

i change the reverb depending on what songs im playing, but i usually leave it around 5.

the reason my bass is so high is because i like warmer tones, this amp is pretty bright, especially with these sovtek el34's. once i replace them with jj/tesla e34l, itll hopfully be a bit warmer so i can turn it down a bit, but for now these settings work just fine.
    got a signature rule violation!!

Comment

lyke dude you totally gota turn the hi-thing and the base-thing up to like, eleven, and ram those mids down to nuthin. Best tone in the world, roxxoxxorsssss!!!!!!!11oneone.

Comment

Originally posted by krankguitarist
        lyke dude you totally gota turn the hi-thing and the base-thing up to like, eleven, and ram those mids down to nuthin. Best tone in the world, roxxoxxorsssss!!!!!!!11oneone.
        Mids for me go with the volume control and the environment.. when im jamming 7, but the master is up too, when im at home, like 4, because they affect volume, alot.

Timmy - 1
        Andrew - None

Comment

Pretty pretty please people?

Timmy - 1
          Andrew - None

Comment

just pick some part of some song, like a solo or some really nice clean ****, and play it on loop on youre comp, than have youre amp and try to match it as well as possible.
            got a signature rule violation!!

Comment

if u want the warmest tone and the amount of gain doesnt matter leave the master volume cranked and adjust volume with the preamp volume (gain) this is how non master volume amps work and sounds less compressed and the only downfall is less distortion compared to volume.
              Gondola Kid
              Bandcamp
              Facebook
              JimijaymesGuitarist
              Youtube

Comment

Working...
              X