Pick-up booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick-up booster

I hope this is the right forum to post this.This story might just well be an example of stating the obvious.
    When I was at NAMM last week i was talking to Matt Blackett about the fact that my single coil guitars (strat w/ 5-2's and MIM tele stock) couldn't really keep up with my humbucker guitars volume wise. I wanted traditional strat and tele tones, but more volume. I didn't necessarily want high output pups, because to my ears they don't sound like trad strats and tele's, though they may sound great. He suggested I use the Pick-up Booster. What a brilliant idea I had one at home and tried it this weekend on a gig and it worked great. I've always used for a solo boost or overdrive. This allows me to get trad strat and tele tones and beefier ones when I need it. Duh!! Thanks for the help Matt!
    Kill the body and the head will die

Re: Pick-up booster

Originally posted by junior
    I hope this is the right forum to post this.This story might just well be an example of stating the obvious.
    When I was at NAMM last week i was talking to Matt Blackett about the fact that my single coil guitars (strat w/ 5-2's and MIM tele stock) couldn't really keep up with my humbucker guitars volume wise. I wanted traditional strat and tele tones, but more volume. I didn't necessarily want high output pups, because to my ears they don't sound like trad strats and tele's, though they may sound great. He suggested I use the Pick-up Booster. What a brilliant idea I had one at home and tried it this weekend on a gig and it worked great. I've always used for a solo boost or overdrive. This allows me to get trad strat and tele tones and beefier ones when I need it. Duh!! Thanks for the help Matt!
    im gonna get one of those bad boyrs, to replace the sd-1 im using as a boost
    Gibson 76' Reissue Explorer
    99' Korina Explorer- GFS modded
    2007 Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe
    TC Electronics D-Two
    TC Electronics G Major
    DMC Ground Control Pro+GCX Audio Switcher
    Boss SD1
    Ibanez TS9
    Monte Allums modded Boss SD1
    MXR Micro Amp

Comment

Glad it worked out for you. But I understand the

It IS called the "pickup booster."
      Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
      https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
      Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat
        It IS called the "pickup booster."
        Yep, you are using for exactly the application it was designed for!!

Comment

Next gig I'm gonna see how well it does the making a single sound like a humbucker.
          Kill the body and the head will die

Comment

The booster is a very useful tool. But bucker sound, hmmm ...kinda
            Yeah!

Comment

It's one of the best "bang for the buck" pedals I've ever had the pleasure of using. It's a little too much boost for my LiveWires, but I'll probably still end up getting one for my passives.
              It's hard to be metal in girl pants.

My Gear

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Working...
              X