Connecting Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting Pedals

hey, i wanted to connect my boss overdrive pedal with my fuzz face pedal and was wondering how i did that? do i need a special connector (or cable) or can i just use a regular guitar cable?

Re: Connecting Pedals

Regular guitar cable will work.....the shorter, the better.
    Originally posted by tone4days
    we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

You can buy little cables specifically for connecting pedals together.
      Band: www.colouredanimal.com
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
      Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

cool thanks!

Comment

George L cables are great because you can make them exactly the length that you need. Plus they are sturdy (for pedal connections) and very clean in terms of not robbing tone.

I was amazed at how much a couple of cheap connector cables dulled my tone.

Here's a good description of the George L offerings - scroll down for the "FX Kit" which is a good deal for making 5 connectors for about $5.50 each: George L @ Guitar Heaven

Chip
          Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
          Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
          Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
          SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
          SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
          "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Any instrument-level cables are fine. Speaker cables use 1/4" plugs, also, but they are not compatible.
            Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

Check out the discussion here. You can get connectors, too. I use patch cables for my setup, but with multiple pedals you might prefer the connectors.
              Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
              https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
              Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Working...
              X