I need help buying an amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I need help buying an amp

Get a Marshall DSL50 and 1960AV (4 vin 30's). Then, get a good OD pedal, like an OCD or Maxon OD-820. If you're looking for a great British highgain sound, that's the easiest way for $1500.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

a mesa single rectifier is worth looking into and it will give you exceptionally good cleans for a high gain amp, and of course it will deliver an awesome lead channel.

50 watts is a good power rating to cover 99% of any playing situation you'll ever be in. i find 100 watts to be too much. i think the difference in percieved volume is actually as little as 3-6 dB, which isn't much, but the main difference is in the headroom. i like the earlier breakup of my amp running at 50 watts as opposed to 100. this way i can get my tone without drowning out the rest of the band.
      gear:

'05 gibson les paul studio vintage mahogany (DiMarzio Super Distortion/ SD Jazz)
      '04 gibson SG standard (BurstBucker Pro's)
      mesa/boogie 2-channel dual rectifier (with EL34's)
      marshall 1960A 4x12
      and a few pedals

Comment

So far im liking VHT, Mesa rec, and the Marshall DSL2000 DSL50. 3's Company I havent been able to look into Bogner or Diezel, can't find them.
        Guitars:
        Schecter E-1 FR S (Sustaniac/Apocalypse), LEF EXP (Mayhem Set), Schecter C-1 Classic (Jazz/Distortion), Squire Affinity Strat (Hotrails)

Amps:
        Peavey MX VTX, Bugera 333x Infinium

Pedals:
        AMT SS-11B

Comment

i looked into diezel but i seem to like bogner a lot more
          Guitars:
          Schecter E-1 FR S (Sustaniac/Apocalypse), LEF EXP (Mayhem Set), Schecter C-1 Classic (Jazz/Distortion), Squire Affinity Strat (Hotrails)

Amps:
          Peavey MX VTX, Bugera 333x Infinium

Pedals:
          AMT SS-11B

Comment

If you're dropping $1500 on an amp, make sure you know the difference between Vox and Mesa

BTW, AC30s are SWEEEEEET!
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
            X