Re: Epiphone Valve Junour Head

HOLY SH*T

My friend has a VALVE STANDARD - dirt cheap, sounds good

I think I found my beater jam amp!
    1973 Les Paul Standard
    1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

Honestly, I think Epiphone hit amp gold with this Valve series of theirs. They're such great amps, from the Junior to the Standard...just, geez, great sounding pieces of kit.

Comment

the price of them is so awesome, i really think of buying a backup one,
        so i can try to do an eq-mod on the first
        ~+~ tube afflicted, strat addicted ~+~

Comment

Hmmm.... tempting. Along with my gas for a new guitar I have been gassing for portable, inexpensive amps. I may pick this up to go along with my power block.
          Myspace,GoodbyeJune Myspace

Comment

One last bump and thanks to all for the contributions.

Dave
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I got some lake front property in the desert. How much money you got?

Comment

A friendly bump! Go Ahead...just think what these thing will be worth in 30 years, UNMODDIFIED! They will have parts that are no longer manufactured in the same factory in China! A lot of this depends on a young player, that no one has ever heard of, making it big on this amp's tone...or a talented geezer with a fan base.

At the price of the Valve Junior head, buy TWO! I swear, I am not alone on this. NEVER toss that "junk" tube or other components that come with the Valve Junior! You never know what is "the rage" long after the initial hype is buried!

All this talk, makes me want to buy one (or two) too!
              Last edited by Sludgenutz; 09-29-2006, 09:48 PM.

Comment

sorry to revive an old thread, but i got my valve jr head a few days ago, and I have been wailing ever since. I run it through a closed back v30 loaded 112 geezer sound cabinet. The head stock wasnt a bad tone, but it definatly gained some clarity and richness with some jj tubes.

like mentioned, the amp loses clean headroom at around 10 or 11 o'clock. the natural od on this amp is nothin but blues n rock. i love it. it takes wonderfully to my stratdeluxer modded ts9. it really has a throaty, smooth od with the ts9 in front of it, which i can make use of in rhythm or lead situations.

Im using this amp in the dorm right now, and it is, needless to say, PLENTY loud. this is a sweet amp, if you have 100$ and a cab to send it through, you really cant lose with this thing.
                my gear: '80s fender bullet (tele style)
                fender dg20ce acoustic
                peavey blazer 15 watt
                line 6 pod 2.3 and floorboard
                Atomic Reactor 112
                Warmoth double fat strat w/ SD Jb bridge and Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell

Comment

Working...
                X