Weber Blue and Silver 12's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weber Blue and Silver 12's

Anyone ever try the Weber VST BLue Dogs or Silver Dogs??? I am really thinking I want to try them in my next project but am a little unsure.

Thanks!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Re: Weber Blue and Silver 12's

That is the exact combination I used when I had my Holland Little Jimi constructed.

Tone mix is complex and full of vibe.

Clear lows, sweet midrange, and treble that is crisp without being brittle.
    Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
    When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
    Red Devils - 1% all the way!
    Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
    Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

The 30w ceramic Blue Dogs are waycool for that British sound. I think I like greenbacks slightly more though.

I have a custom 50w version. It is slightly darker than the 30w speaker.
      https://www.bandmix.com/stevereed/

Comment

I had two sets of Weber ceramic Silver Bell/Blue Dogs. In short, I didn't like them, always sounded harsh to my ears and didn't like the way they broke up (maybe the alnico would have been a lot better?). I guess Celestions are just voiced more for the British sound I love (I currently own the Vintage 30, Classic Lead 80, G12H30 and like G12Ms).
        Originally posted by kevlar3000
        I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
        Originally posted by Zerberus
        Better is often the enemy of good
        Originally posted by ginormous
        Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Working...
        X