New Tubes on their way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tubes on their way

So today i finally got to place the order for a full new set of tubes for my Engl Sovereign and i'm actually pretty stoked right now.
    I ordered from eurotubes since it's actually cheaper to buy there and then have the tubes shipped here, than buying anywhere in Germany, and they have the biggest range of options and the best reviews.

Tubes on order:

-Matched Quad of JJ 6L6GC Powertubes (pretty much a no brainer for high gain amps)

-7 JJ ECC83s(12AX7) for the preamp. Probably 5 being put in and two spares, since i also use those in my powerball it's nice to have some handy if something craps out.

-2 JJ ECC83s graded High Gain for V1. One being a spare since i don't need a high gain tube for either my Powerball(no need for more gain) or my Valbee(i use only it's clean channel so a High Gain tube would be kind of a waste).

-1 JJ ECC83s Goldpin. Want to try it in V1 and if i don't like it i can use it for my Valbee and probably improve the clean channel some more(since the gold pins are a bit smoother and more complex in the mids).

But what really got me excited is a thought that crossed my mind some time after placing the order, namely this:
    The Sovereign already produces some of the sweetest tones i've ever gotten so far, and it accomplishes this with a set of tubes that is 3 years old and has been gigged on a regular basis, meaning they are probably quite worn out now. So how good will it sound when all the trubes are fresh and pristine?

You are getting why i'm being excited right now? I actually looking forward to installing the tubes and getting the amp biased for the new powertubes. Can't wait so to say

Apart from me raving about tubes, are there any absolute "must-try" Tubes out there, that i should get and try out for the V1 of the amp, that you guys would recommend before settling on JJs?
    - 03 B.C. Rich Custom Shop Stealth EMG 81(n)/89(m)/60(n)
    - 04 Malmsteen Sig. Strat DMZ HS-3(b)/YJM(m)/YJM(n)
    - 05 Line 6 Variax 700
    - 08 Schecter C-7 Hellraiser Blackout N/B
    - 04 B.C. Rich NJ beast(Speedloader) SD Dimebucker(b)/Full Shred(n)
    - 99 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock SD Dimebucker(b)/Full Shred(n)
    - Clarity(by Johnson) Ovation Copy
    - Takamine acoustic(not sure abut year and model)
    -Engl Sovereign 100 Vintage 1x12 Combo + Engl Pro 4x12 (V30s)

Re: New Tubes on their way

+1
    Just ordered too. 4 JJ ECC83s
    One Goldpin for V1
    Two High Gains for V2V4
    One matched for phase inverter in V3

and a pair of matched E34L, obviously for my Laney AOR 50 can't wair myself,
    i think this thing will turn into a time machine and actually take me back to the 80s
    Active Duty Rig:
    MIA Lone Star Strat (HS-Fullshred/Tex-Special neck)
    Warmoth Roads V/Kramer Neck (HS - Custom/Tex-Special neck)

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

Re: New Tubes on their way

That's the best part..waiting for the presents

Keep us informed! How they work and so on.

Adjusting the bias shouldn't cost more than 25-30 bucks I think.
      Originally posted by Guitarist
      Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
      http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

Working...
      X